Author Topic: Double Beveled squeegees  (Read 3041 times)

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
Double Beveled squeegees
« on: December 19, 2023, 02:58:27 PM »
First off, if this isn't in the right section I apologize. 

I remember there being a member on here, I think his screen name was Sonny.  He mentioned Double-beveled squeegees being the way to go.  Does anyone here use them on a regular basis?  If so,
what do you think about them.  The only thing that sticks out to me is that they look like they would be hard to sharpen if needed or would you just pop a new one in?
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Double Beveled squeegees
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2023, 03:07:29 PM »
I've used them and I will say they put down a lot of ink and they need to be straight up and down, only really use them with out white inks though, and yes I would just pop a new one in.  I have not used them in years and would suspect they are no good anymore, gonna have to dig them out and check.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2023, 03:42:40 PM by 3Deep »
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Atownsend

• !!!
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2023, 03:11:41 PM »
We have some 70 duro double bevel rubber we got from Saati. if you want to try it out i'll send you a length of it. PM me your UPS info & we'll ship on your account.

It drinks ink... mega hard. Good for underbases... but it is a little too thirsty for us and we don't like to stop that often or load that much ink up in a screen. Good if you're a nerd and really into playing around with settings, but if you have multiple presses / operators its just another variable to train on. We didn't find it worth it to change of our presets for. I like the idea of having another blade profile, but not everyone can handle it. We only ran them 5-6 times, so maybe not the best sample size.

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2023, 04:12:38 PM »
We have some 70 duro double bevel rubber we got from Saati. if you want to try it out i'll send you a length of it. PM me your UPS info & we'll ship on your account.

It drinks ink... mega hard. Good for underbases... but it is a little too thirsty for us and we don't like to stop that often or load that much ink up in a screen. Good if you're a nerd and really into playing around with settings, but if you have multiple presses / operators its just another variable to train on. We didn't find it worth it to change of our presets for. I like the idea of having another blade profile, but not everyone can handle it. We only ran them 5-6 times, so maybe not the best sample size.

Thanks for the offer but I think I've got the message from your posts.  I was just thinking about past advice but I don't think I need anything else to train about.  Appreciate ya'll chiming in.
It's not a job if you love doing it.