Author Topic: 'Steamboat Willie' is now in the public domain. What does that mean for Mickey?  (Read 1231 times)

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Not a big thing as only the old, original, scrawny version of the Mick is up for grabs.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Not a big thing as only the old, original, scrawny version of the Mick is up for grabs.

even if was the new one, you could not use it for anything that resembles current Disney works. While the Copyright is expired other rights are still there and anything feeling like Disney production would be losing in court pretty soon.
Winnie the Pooh has cleared copyrights few years back and somebody made a horror/slasher movie with those characters. It was the only way they could do it, clearly not a Disney gig. There was a lot of talk about it and they explained the restrictions they were facing even with the expired copyright...

pj
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
I'm looking forward to the adult movie version Steamboat Willy. 

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
I'm looking forward to the adult movie version Steamboat Willy.

LOL
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!