Author Topic: Artists lose first copyright battle against AI  (Read 2032 times)

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
Re: Artists lose first copyright battle against AI
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2024, 07:50:10 AM »
This is only just starting

Offline Atownsend

• !!!
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2024, 01:57:55 PM »
Bring it on, im all about the AI art. Its not like its outputting print ready images yet, you still have to do serious editing + seps. And there is a level of work done with the prompts.

As long as the output is actually unique I don't have a problem with AI being trained on copyrighted materials. Its basically a necessity. Thats how people learn naturally, so of course its going to extend to machine learning. If you're a musician, you probably started off by playing covers. Theres going to be pushback from artists no doubt, but the world is changing. To me its a good thing because it means I can get higher quality products into my customers hands with a lot less work, thus saving both them and us valuable resources. Bring on the AI.

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2024, 06:23:25 PM »
I also welcome the further de-souling of humanity.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2024, 11:29:28 AM »

Social Media was only the beginning of this trend.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2024, 04:38:44 PM »
I'm torn.  I know we are now in it. It's not going away and we either embrace or get left behind. So I'm learning it.  It IS indeed amazing.

The thing that I don't like about it is that the machine that fed it up to this point, was all of us creative people. Illustrators, graphic designers, Photographers, writers etc. Over the years we put it outthere not knowing that one day, it will be sourced by a machine, a program and we created the demise of the human artist. They should call it Cyberdyne.
We fed the animal that grew to one day eat us alive.  Illustration will be dead (for the most part). Then we will be relying on the regurgitated creations of the current data stock that it has to pull from.
The new and creative Illustrations will stop flowing and all that we will have (for the most part) is the AI regenerated version of the creations IT came up with.

Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2024, 03:10:44 PM »

Social Media was only the beginning of this trend.

People always ask me why I'm not on social media and I say "because it's the downfall of civilization" and
then they laugh, agree with me, and go back to browsing instagram.

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2024, 10:09:24 PM »
This is why I always say in 50 years a kid will find an old manual press in a storage unit with a book by Scott Fresner or someone and watch YouTube videos on the "old" interent about Winterland Productions and learn how to manually print. This kid will then become an artist celebrity and hand print shirts and whatnot for whoever is famous. Then someone will start a line of manual presses and so forth. Granted, it won't be cool as now but peoples attention span by then will either be far shorter or waaaay longer since WW3 destroyed a lot of stuff.