Author Topic: DTF files  (Read 1764 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
DTF files
« on: January 17, 2024, 04:24:10 PM »
I know png at 300 is a really good file for DTF and for sublimation but what do you think is the best file for doing DTF and keeping the colors correct during printing, I know I've used eps and had great results with the colors not shifting and PS files at times, but the main files I use or get is png and sometimes I have a hard time keeping colors correct.  I know the printer prints cmyk so is it best to start new art in cmyk or RGB and let the printer convert during printing, getting the colors to match in DTF is a monster at times on some art files I get.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: DTF files
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2024, 04:37:29 PM »
I order out instead of trying to do it here, but my old knowledge says to always start with RGB, which has more colors than CMYK, and let the printer software do it's thing. Of course, if it's already CMYK, changing back to RGB won't bring back the colors that were dropped when converted to CMYK. There are probably some profiles you could create for it, but how tedious that may be I do not know, but I suspect it's quite a task. Maybe some of your vendors could help with that. Here, we just take whatever we have, and send it to our favorite vendor, and they come back looking just about exactly as we send them in. I may have had maybe only 2 jobs in the last 2 years where that was necessary.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Admiral

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2024, 05:09:30 PM »
300 minimum imo.  We use 400 dpi.  RGB mode, PNGs at the printer software.

We will correct spot colors to values when needed and have settings for stock colors. 

Offline DonR

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2024, 08:20:08 PM »
PNG file at 300 dpi, and RGB mode.  Rip with a custom ICC profile made for the printer, ink, and film will give you the best results.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2024, 10:09:26 AM »
PNG file at 300 dpi, and RGB mode.  Rip with a custom ICC profile made for the printer, ink, and film will give you the best results.

this is my key problem ICC profile for our printer I think
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!