Author Topic: Shoutbox Bill's reference  (Read 2943 times)

Offline farmboygraphics

Tees and Coffee

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Shoutbox Bill's reference
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2024, 04:48:12 PM »
not a snowball's chance in hell...I've been stirring this around all day and I think a customer/someone called her and wants to make Bills apparel and she took it as "The Bills called me"......clearly not knowing how it works.... and how the F you printing 4k/hour on a 6 color auto and a manual?! ....The math ain't math'n .............anyway

......Go Bills!!
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2024, 05:04:11 PM »
Been there. Did OK. Won't do it again.
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2024, 05:08:34 PM »
Well you never know could be real hmmm, but hey good for her
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline zanegun08

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2024, 01:11:37 AM »
Their print quality is a perfect match to the quality of the team!

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2024, 08:32:06 AM »
We are 20 miles outside of Boston. We never bid on anything, we were contacted to see if we had the capacity to be a part of "team" to put out apparel overnight. We could with a single auto give them 4k to 6K overnight and up til about noon. They gave us films, full instructions, and even had people staying overnight with you because of the unscrupulous printers who steal and sell. From Red Sox, Bruins, Celtics and mostly the Patriots, it was a lot of work, the pay was decent, especially for February, but we finally stopped doing it.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2024, 09:16:34 AM »
Their print quality is a perfect match to the quality of the team!

shut..your FACE.... ;D

LET'S GO BUFFALO!!!!!!!!!!
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2024, 10:47:24 AM »
I like how if one watches this news clip it makes it seem like this tiny shop is the exclusive winner of the contract to print Bills apparel.
"No man is an island"

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2024, 12:00:01 PM »
Which is of course it is not. Hot Market always seems awesome to everyone until you do it. Kills your whole week. She'll probably be OK though. We would have to set up the design on all presses the night before and get approval. If they lose you tear down and do not get compensated for all that. If they win it takes the wind out of your sail and everyone is all burnt out after printing till the wee hours of the morning

Offline farmboygraphics

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2024, 12:33:03 PM »
Question for those in the know, would these need to be tagged and bagged before they leave their shop?
Tees and Coffee

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2024, 12:54:41 PM »
Which is of course it is not. Hot Market always seems awesome to everyone until you do it. Kills your whole week. She'll probably be OK though. We would have to set up the design on all presses the night before and get approval. If they lose you tear down and do not get compensated for all that. If they win it takes the wind out of your sail and everyone is all burnt out after printing till the wee hours of the morning

Been there, done that.  Not doing it again unless I'm desperate, even then I might turn to OnlyFans instead.

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2024, 01:05:37 PM »
You do get paid for every press setup and every employee that gets to go home early.
We've never had to fold/bag, but every shirt gets a hologram sticker and is folded in 6/12/12/6 and boxed like that.
As mentioned it can wreak havoc during the wrong times of the year. I've always had a love/hate for it,
my employees love it of course.

If my past observations mean anything I would bet against the 49ers this weekend.