Author Topic: ROQ Chain Lube  (Read 3488 times)

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
ROQ Chain Lube
« on: January 18, 2024, 11:43:54 AM »
Wondering if anyone has a recommendation for a US available replacement for the Fuchs Special Chaine supplied with their presses?
We're running low. The bearing/slide lubes were an easy find but this one's got my eyes crossed.

Offline Evo

• Anything is possible.
Re: ROQ Chain Lube
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2024, 01:07:03 PM »
Wondering if anyone has a recommendation for a US available replacement for the Fuchs Special Chaine supplied with their presses?
We're running low. The bearing/slide lubes were an easy find but this one's got my eyes crossed.

Fuchs makes like 46 different chain lubes. Is there any other info on the bottle? Grade, etc? If there is a specific Fuchs part no then you can just look up the specs and match it.

I'm sure there is a replacement readily available here. It's just a chain.
There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey.
John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2024, 01:28:28 PM »
It just says "Special Chaine". And when I google it all google does
is want to correct my spelling of chaine.

I don't see it anywhere on the Fuchs site, but the product packaging leads me to believe it's
nothing special, it's like if you bought generic chain lubricant at the grocery store.

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2024, 01:30:24 PM »
And as my favorite boat mechanic used to say "any grease is better than no grease".

Offline Evo

• Anything is possible.
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2024, 01:44:36 PM »
It just says "Special Chaine". And when I google it all google does
is want to correct my spelling of chaine.

I don't see it anywhere on the Fuchs site, but the product packaging leads me to believe it's
nothing special, it's like if you bought generic chain lubricant at the grocery store.

Search for it in quotes. Literally "Special Chaine" and you'll see a bunch of results in French.

From what I gather it's a semi-synthetic chain lube in spray form for "Lubrication of chains, slides, bearings, cams and gears". Any synthetic or semi-synthetic chain lube should work, spray or liquid.

For instance:
https://www.crcindustries.com/extreme-duty-open-gear-and-chain-lube-12-wt-oz/
There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey.

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2024, 03:04:24 PM »
Oh snaps, I didn't even think of telling google I know exactly what I'm searching for.

I appreciate the assistance, I'm assuming your knowledge of Fuchs comes from the bicycle world?

Offline Evo

• Anything is possible.
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2024, 03:14:04 PM »
Oh snaps, I didn't even think of telling google I know exactly what I'm searching for.

I appreciate the assistance, I'm assuming your knowledge of Fuchs comes from the bicycle world?

I own an '05 Sprinter. Fuchs makes some of the only MB certified oils and fluids left on the market for it.

From the bicycle world, I would suggest Boeshield T9 for most any lubrication, but it's a little thin for industrial chains.

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2024, 03:45:45 PM »
Volvo-Penta (the marine division of Volvo) used to spec a single 30 weight oil for their marine engines.
Available only through VP of course, and obviously a relabeled product. The OEM stopped making the oil,
and VP had to put out a service bulletin stating that, low and behold, regular 10-30 was just fine.
They were, afterall, slightly hopped up Chevy small blocks.

If you want to sell a product for twice as much slap the word marine on it.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2024, 09:01:19 AM »
Volvo-Penta (the marine division of Volvo) used to spec a single 30 weight oil for their marine engines.
Available only through VP of course, and obviously a relabeled product. The OEM stopped making the oil,
and VP had to put out a service bulletin stating that, low and behold, regular 10-30 was just fine.
They were, afterall, slightly hopped up Chevy small blocks.

If you want to sell a product for twice as much slap the word marine on it.

ain't that the truth.