Author Topic: Hooping for back of a hat  (Read 1823 times)

Offline Atownsend

• !!!
Hooping for back of a hat
« on: January 19, 2024, 02:09:38 PM »
What kind of hoops are you guys running for the back of a hat? We need to stitch above the closure area, and it doesn't look like a regular cap frame is going to work for us.

I was thinking of something like this. Are there other options out there, somebody told me about something called an A frame a while back, but I haven't been able to track that down. Its a small run and I don't really want to buy the tooling for all this right now :/

https://www.hooptechproducts.com/product/back-of-caps/

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
Re: Hooping for back of a hat
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2024, 02:46:28 PM »
That's exactly what I use.  You rotate the latch to make them clamp down tighter.
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline Atownsend

• !!!
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2024, 03:07:18 PM »
Looks like a nice product. Ordered one to test out, it'll get us though this small batch.

The Gen 2 hoops look interesting. Looks faster... Man im going to end up spending some cash with these guys haha.

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2024, 03:19:23 PM »
They are definitely $$$.  I hated spending the money on the Gen 2 but I'm sooo glad I did.  The Gen 2 on unstructured caps are a dream.  I still use the hoops that came with the zsk on the structured because they seem to lift the crown up a little creating more space between the crown and the needle plate.  I'm still new so there may be a solution.  I've heard of using more backing to take up some space.  I think you will like one for the back you ordered.
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline T Shirt Farmer

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2024, 05:20:11 PM »
What kind of hoops are you guys running for the back of a hat? We need to stitch above the closure area, and it doesn't look like a regular cap frame is going to work for us.

I was thinking of something like this. Are there other options out there, somebody told me about something called an A frame a while back, but I haven't been able to track that down. Its a small run and I don't really want to buy the tooling for all this right now :/

https://www.hooptechproducts.com/product/back-of-caps/

I bought 16 of them last year, worth every $, they are great for bucket hats as well.
Robert
allpremiums.com
Your Source for Decorated Apparel.