Author Topic: Hot Mama - The better looking inline heat press for ROQ.  (Read 3894 times)

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Hot Mama - The better looking inline heat press for ROQ.
« on: February 04, 2024, 10:19:04 PM »
Let me introduce our latest equipment purchase. An inline heat-press called "Hot Mama" from East West Machines. An affordable alternative to the Stampinator.  And big thanks to Eric and Zane at East West Machines for reaching out to us and offering us one of their units for field testing.  These machines are awesome and well-priced. And just look how pretty they are.

Offline CBCB

• !!!
Re: Hot Mama - The better looking inline heat press for ROQ.
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2024, 11:31:36 AM »
Damn. When I pointed out that all they’re doing is adding a paint job, I got a bunch of crap. Leading to my direct order from MEM cancelled!

I thought they weren’t gonna launch this because of patent issues. Being a blatant copy and all. Look at the way it’s described here, after testing the main feature seems to be that it looks nicer.

I’ve got a Stamp coming. Are there any differences or advantages to this unit besides the price point and paint?

They don’t CSA certify anything they sell to Canada to it’s not like they’re helping with that.

Offline Admiral

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2024, 12:39:23 PM »
I'm just surprised this is just now becoming a thing and M&R / Roq and whoever haven't come out with it.  The Hot Head from M&R is kinda old but we found it didn't work well enough and caused defects and movement issues so we stopped using it.

A full 16x20 press just makes sense and is necessary to keep the press moving quicker.

Offline CBCB

• !!!
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2024, 02:11:34 PM »
I'm just surprised this is just now becoming a thing and M&R / Roq and whoever haven't come out with it.

I figured the reason was the patent or just mutual respect. Copy it, or distribute it? One looks a lot simpler to me.

Offline balloonguy

• !!!
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2024, 02:53:48 PM »
Do you know if they will make other versions or just ROQ?
I did not see any pricing on their site. Any speculation?
When you dig grave will you make it shallow so that I can feel the rain?

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2024, 06:28:11 PM »
Do you know if they will make other versions or just ROQ?
I did not see any pricing on their site. Any speculation?
I was told they are working as well on a M&R version. Two sizes are available.

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2024, 08:16:03 PM »

I thought they weren’t gonna launch this because of patent issues. Being a blatant copy and all. Look at the way it’s described here, after testing the main feature seems to be that it looks nicer.

What else do you want it to do? Fry eggs and do your dishes? I would say it does what it`s supposed to do. No more no less but at a lower price point. Patent issues do not apply here as this was sold to a shop outside the US.

Offline zanegun08

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2024, 09:16:04 PM »
Thanks for posting Rockers, if anyone has any questions feel free to DM us.

We have people testing with other presses than ROQ, though not any side clamp presses currently.

The Hot Mama is meant to be used as a flattening tool for your inks, not for applying foil or transfers on press.  We recommend using it after a flash though some people use it to partially cure as well.

I'm not sure it could fry an egg, but possibly if you put it in the press upside down (don't index), though not a recommended use.

Not 100% sure why M&R didn't keep selling their i-Kiss https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOwwwsEClZ8, for one year they had this along with presses programmed to "kiss", but they went the hothead / roller route instead.  Or not sure why ROQ doesn't sell their ROQ Level https://www.roqinternational.com/en/product//roq-level in the US.

It's not currently on our website since things aren't quite ready for primetime, but feel free to message us if you have questions.