Author Topic: "New" to me car last year. Guess what it is?  (Read 3092 times)

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
"New" to me car last year. Guess what it is?
« on: February 05, 2024, 10:45:39 AM »
Got a used car last year, it's a 2017. Needed something to lug the kids and stuff around while overseas.

Anybody know what it is?

pierre

p.s this is not my car, but mine looks just like it...
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Zelko-4-EVA

Re: "New" to me car last year. Guess what it is?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2024, 11:01:18 AM »
Skoda superb  - based on a passat

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2024, 11:07:09 AM »
Skoda superb  - based on a passat

that did not take very long!
how did you know?
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Zelko-4-EVA

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2024, 11:49:12 AM »
my friend is a VW enthusiast - a few years back he talked about (while drinking on a friday night) the history of VW and its various cars that arent available in the states. 

hes had nearly every VW model that was made in the 80s - last one was an Audi 5000cs turbo - he put 415k on the odometer before it was too much to fix... regrets getting rid of it.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2024, 12:08:25 PM »
nice!

not many here would recognize a Skoda.

Interesting tidbit about the superb station wagon. It's extended by 10cm or so (4") compared to Passat and other mid size VAG cars. It has more legroom in the back seats than the MB S class, BMW 7 series or Audi A8.

Great bang for the buck, about 20-30% cheaper than VW and are more reliable.

pj

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2024, 01:16:30 PM »
I am familiar with Skoda.  I knew it was one from looking at the center caps.  No idea what model it was since frankly, I don't follow stateside models much anymore either.