Author Topic: Anyone using this heat press?  (Read 2966 times)

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Anyone using this heat press?
« on: February 11, 2024, 05:40:34 PM »
Hotronix® Dual Air Fusion?

I am looking for the fastest and most reliable one.. Or maybe one of the best ones out there. All I have are 2 old ones that are over 20 years old. Looking to upgrade big time.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Anyone using this heat press?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2024, 09:38:56 AM »
My personal take: I will NEVER own a stahls press again.  Nothing but headaches, almost fires, and terrible interface.  We had to hardwire around the switch within 6 months because it melted. The auto swing feature broke within 2 years.  We had to replace various electrical connections throughout the inside due to melting. 

The last draw when i look over and smoke is coming from under the cover and it melted the 9-pin connector on the board for the 2nd time.  The first one lasted 2 years and was replaced for free.

Get a GeoKnight or a Hix.  I am sure there are a couple of other brands that escape me. 

Offline Zelko-4-EVA

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2024, 10:16:48 AM »
we have three Geo Knight presses - two DK20SP and one manual hat press.

interchangeable platens or tables of many different sizes - we have a sleeve, cap bill, and youth size platens - they arent terribly expensive.

i didnt even consider the stahls brand heat presses after reading reviews (probably mk162s from a different thread).

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2024, 11:24:33 AM »
Much Appreciated! I'll stay away....

I was looking at the Geo knight ones as well.

Offline DonR

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2024, 11:28:34 AM »
Take a look at the MEM heat presses.  They are reliable and much less then Hotronix or Geo Knight. 

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2024, 11:38:24 AM »
Don, is that what you use for your dtf?

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2024, 12:32:06 PM »

Get a GeoKnight or a Hix.

Both are made in the US and IME the quality shows. Plus HIX runs their own aluminum foundry to cast their
parts and that's just dang neat.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2024, 12:43:13 PM »

Get a GeoKnight or a Hix.

Both are made in the US and IME the quality shows. Plus HIX runs their own aluminum foundry to cast their

I've got a Hix press that's 20 years old.  Works great, I replace the gas shock once every 3 years or so and it keeps trucking along.

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2024, 12:45:49 PM »

I've got a Hix press that's 20 years old.  Works great, I replace the gas shock once every 3 years or so and it keeps trucking along.

I just looked at their parts store (we have a hat press from them, I converted it to auto/air but that's another story) and
they are one of the few OEMs that don't ream you on parts.

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2024, 01:38:14 PM »
Thanks guys.

Offline Evo

• Anything is possible.
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2024, 02:52:01 PM »

+10 for Hix.

Hix manual screen printing press is hands down the fastest press I've ever used. (years and years ago) All gas sprung and the heads have a CAST ALUMINUM dual parallel hinge. Print, lift the head *as you spin to the next one* and it glides up slowly without catapulting your squeegee.

Hix dryers are sweet too.
There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey.
John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)