Author Topic: Embroidery Threads  (Read 2221 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Embroidery Threads
« on: February 13, 2024, 02:14:40 PM »
Got an order to embroider a bunch of Nike tote bags, nothing hard just the school logo with the kids name underneath, we've did them before so no problem right ::) well we do about 7 bags and run out of thread so I toss on another spool and boom crap hits the fan!!! the stitches are looping like crazy at the top.  Well we reset tensions first the bobbin that didn't work then the top knobs that didn't work, I made sure everything was threaded right good there, just a big ole head scratcher, finally got the problem fixed...it was the thread I was using, I switched brands, so I ordered the same brand I was using problem solved.  I didn't think different brands of thread would make that much of a difference but it did with these bags.  I was using Madeira first and switched to Robison Anton, can't say what the heck was going on with RA, as this is our go to brand for just about everything around here and Madeira we use for certain college order's because of color, so if you have sew out problem on certain material's could be the thread your using.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Admiral

Re: Embroidery Threads
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2024, 03:22:42 PM »
I've just never changed from Madeira.  Plenty of colors and weights, prices are pretty good, haven't run into a quality issue that was thread related (that I can remember).  Now, when it comes to the bobbins, I did find better ones than those crappy paper sided ones, that's for sure.

Offline cbjamel

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2024, 03:47:34 PM »
Were they both poly thread or was one rayon and one poly make difference.

Shane

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2024, 05:25:02 PM »

Shane

Yes the Madeira is rayon, so yes that could have made the difference.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline cbjamel

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2024, 05:33:47 PM »

Shane

Yes the Madeira is rayon, so yes that could have made the difference.
Different tensions

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk