Author Topic: Emb machine in climate control room?  (Read 788 times)

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Emb machine in climate control room?
« on: February 22, 2024, 10:18:11 AM »
How many on here has there machine in a climate controlled room area?

As of now mine have never been, but I will be purchasing a new machine and now I am wondering if I should change that.

I remember reading how humidity and what not can mess with the thread.

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Emb machine in climate control room?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2024, 12:10:49 PM »
Ours is. But our whole building is so it is kind of a cheat...  ;D
Think one of the bigger things is we tried to keep it isolated from the dryers and any extra lint and crap it doesn't need. You could probably avoid that by keeping up on weekly cleaning. Some of us know our weaknesses though....  ;D
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2024, 01:15:27 PM »
We have ours currently in a different room, but it's pretty much whatever it is outside in the summer is what it is in there. And there is a small garage door that we leave open to the print shop, so yea dust does get in there. We have the central air in the back disconnected because we are maxed out with our power.

If im spending so much on a new emb machine, id rather it not get a mess.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2024, 03:07:19 PM »
Humidity is a bigger problem with rayon thread.  Poly doesn't absorb moisture like rayon does.

We had a roof leak last year and it landed right on top of our thread.  The poly thread came out unscathed.  The rayons all swelled up and are very loose on the spools.  We put everything in the screen cabinet and left it there to dry out and it came back fine.

I'm not saying you can't run it in the warehouse, but I think it's best in a climate controlled room. It's a much nicer working environment.  Check with your tech though and get their opinion.

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2024, 04:53:58 PM »
I don't know if this plays into a decision. And I'm sure none of you are in the same state as me, but when we did embroidery our insurance was less having the embroidery in its own room with a door.

Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2024, 08:23:30 AM »
They run thousands of emb machines in south east asia where it is about as humid and hot as it gets, and none of them have climate control.

We ran out first few years in a non AC space right next to the printing area and it seemed fine. Like Brad said rayon is more of an issue whether humidity tensions or thread memory, so we pretty much never buy rayon.
"No man is an island"

Offline Atownsend

• !!!
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2024, 11:58:00 AM »
If you can have it climate controlled that will definitely be better. I think its more important to keep any spray adhesives very very very far away. Like other side of the building far away. I would not want emb in the same space as screen print at all. Too much lint / dust etc. We have ours in a separate office area. Plugged into a UPS with a air large purifier to keep the dust particles down. Its an industrial machine, but we like to keep it clean clean. Too expensive of a unit not to take care of properly. I see people on the interweb using spray adhesives on applique all the time and it just makes me cringe.