Author Topic: Auto reg systems and training  (Read 1299 times)

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Auto reg systems and training
« on: March 15, 2024, 07:50:21 AM »
Before delving into that subject, do any of you have a minimum amount of screens where you use a triloc or do you use it on a one color with an ub IE every job? For me, four or more justifies using it. On the subject has anyone taken a brand new employee, show them basic setups with a triloc etc, and make that work? Again, for me, I believe in training new hires in the basic fundamentals of printing, especially registration geometry and learning how the micro adjustments work and how to adjust when necessary before throwing them into a triloc etc. Think of team sports....what is the first thing you teach?

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
Re: Auto reg systems and training
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2024, 08:21:49 AM »
For me there are no employees but I use the triloc for all jobs regardless of color count.  Especially since they all come from dts.  I do think employees understanding the use of micros are important though.
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2024, 08:45:45 AM »
All jobs. But most of our jobs aren't low color count any way.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2024, 08:46:08 AM »
I have a new guy starting today. He will learn unloading and change overs first. Maybe by the end of the we can get him on locking in jobs. No job too small for Tri-Loc here.
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2024, 10:35:38 AM »
I was wondering why not every job with tri loc? even a 1 color, put it in and its ready to go.. is there an easier way?

Setting up jobs is the last thing we show new peeps.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2024, 10:54:38 AM »
we use it on every job, because it's less work and less maths than finding the center with a t-square

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2024, 12:20:35 PM »
Thanks for the replies. So for some of you, have you eliminated registration marks altogether? I believe thats how we went at JNJ Dan might remember for sure

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2024, 03:49:07 PM »
The only time we MAY use reggies is on true 4CP. Otherwise too much time wasted taping and removing tape for something we don't need. We do have an information box on each screen, but that's one, 3'' piece of tape
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline CBCB

• !!!
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2024, 07:40:15 PM »
In theory it should make even a one-colour job faster to set up. We set the print location too so we can load shirts to the same spot on every job.

Hard to make the operator care about it sometimes, they seem content to twiddle the knobs and load more test shirts.

Offline prozyan

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2024, 08:23:24 PM »
Tri loc every job.  Very rarely use registration marks, especially since I'm semi-retired now and am a one man show.  Registration marks were used more often when I had employees doing the setup, but even then they were more for a comfort factor than a requirement.
If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2024, 10:44:37 AM »
We still use films, so we have thin reg marks so the staff can line up more easily. If they do end up washing out, we just tape them. 2 pcs of tape. We only use reg marks at top and bottom.