Author Topic: Using M&R sprint as conveyer belt while gas is shut off  (Read 743 times)

Offline mhimple

• Verified/Junior
Using M&R sprint as conveyer belt while gas is shut off
« on: March 29, 2024, 01:43:29 PM »
We have a mini sprint and a sprint 3000. The city is updating our gas lines and we will have no gas for two days.
We have 5k in inside size tags to print and figure we can use a press to print size tags and just flash cure them while the shop is down.
Since the belts don't speed up till the dryers reach temp, we are not able to use the dryer as just a conveyer belt since it maxes at 2fpm.
Does anyone have a work around? I figure not because of potential safety issues. M&R tech hasn't responded as well.
Thanks for any help,

Offline zanegun08

Re: Using M&R sprint as conveyer belt while gas is shut off
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2024, 02:05:27 PM »
Your work around is to not use the conveyor, go from one cart, and unload onto another cart, now it's a 2 person job instead of 3.

I'll DM you my venmo for the labor I just saved you, it's Friday and the bar is calling my name.

Offline mhimple

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2024, 02:33:53 PM »
Shiiiittttt,
Perfect answer for a brain fart question :D
Thanks,

Offline Admiral

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2024, 03:56:47 PM »
Consider adding some nylobond to the ink too, since it won't quite be fully cured on the press?

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2024, 05:15:38 PM »
Consider adding some nylobond to the ink too, since it won't quite be fully cured on the press?

Do you not find that the ink can become a little more stiff or brittle with that?
Of course, with the OP's particular present project of small tags, it wouldn't be as much of an issue.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2024, 05:32:45 PM »
Ever wonder why Rapid Tags have 1 print head and 2 flashes?

Offline Admiral

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2024, 11:51:49 AM »

Do you not find that the ink can become a little more stiff or brittle with that?
Of course, with the OP's particular present project of small tags, it wouldn't be as much of an issue.

I suppose we have only added nylobond in undercure situations, and of course, usually with nylon as the substrate.  I forget what testing that a long time ago on a shirt looked like, but curing on its own is a good thing I would think if you are only flashing on the press.  I have only had black ink cure fully without platen overheating issues on the press before (with quartz flashes).  I wouldn't want to warp my pallets with overheating them, trying to cure fully on the press.