Author Topic: I need help if anyone knows..  (Read 633 times)

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
I need help if anyone knows..
« on: April 10, 2024, 11:02:54 AM »
What's going on in this pic? Just happened this morning on startup.

Im sure it won't be cheap.

Online ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: I need help if anyone knows..
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2024, 01:29:43 PM »
If the machine is otherwise starting up/operating normally it's *just* a display issue.
Those style of screens commonly use what's called a zebra connector that are notorious for losing the plot.
You can try pushing firmly on the four sides of the screen bezel and see if you get any display back.
If it works you can open the controller and see if you can wedge something behind the connector to apply pressure
while you order a replacement display.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2024, 01:35:20 PM »
A lot of these machines run on boards as well.  Our swf was notorious for losing the connection on the boards.  I know SWF and Barudan makes the boards easy to access with a couple screws on the front, we would just unscrew the boards, unplug them, wait a few seconds and reseat them.  I'd check there as well, if it's easy to access.

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2024, 06:39:30 PM »
Thanks guys,  should have said tajima..

Im taking the back off and check wires too. Talked to Pinpoint, if I need a new screen, send them control panel and $900 bucks.

If CPU board (but he said normally thats a white screen) $5-$6K or more..

Offline Admiral

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2024, 04:51:38 PM »
Thanks guys,  should have said tajima..

Im taking the back off and check wires too. Talked to Pinpoint, if I need a new screen, send them control panel and $900 bucks.

If CPU board (but he said normally thats a white screen) $5-$6K or more..

All 3 of our old single heads have the CPU boards with intermittent issues, we replaced one of them for the upgraded unit for $7K a couple of years ago.  The other 2 work most of the time and come back often enough we are not going to spend $7K each on a machine worth 7K.

Your display is different than our full whitescreen though.  These are X-16 controllers that have failed us, on all 3 of our first embroidery machines.  We did not get good support from Hirsch/Tajima on a real fix unfortunately.  Refurb X-16s are about $2500 and probably going to fail again.  X-21 is the controller to update too but too expensive.

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2024, 09:09:11 AM »
I think it's the display. I turned on and just from memory I traced a design (whatever one was up) and it traced. So it would seem everything works but just can not see anything.

Im taking apart and checking connections before I send out.

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2024, 11:24:57 AM »
UPDATE:  so it took me a week before I could get back there to take the control board apart to send out for a fix... since I had the back off I was going to turn on and jiggle some crap around..

Well I turned on, and wouldn't you know it freakin works. I didn't do anything.

I would assume it could be one of those things that will get worse over time, but as of now, we can use it.