Author Topic: how do a screen printers quote embroidery jobs?  (Read 1092 times)

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication DUH
how do a screen printers quote embroidery jobs?
« on: January 27, 2012, 08:45:49 PM »
I have a great opportunity to sell 55 workout uniforms for a gymnastics group. Pants jacket and shirt. They want a large back and left chest design embroidered with the school name/design on back and the team members name up front. Then a screen printed shirt. Anyway how do I know what to charge? I need help learning by Monday. Like how much big of a design is 2 thousand stitches? Any help would be great!!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 08:49:17 PM by sweetts »
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
Re: how do a screen printers quote embroidery jobs?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 10:28:34 PM »
Two thousand is a small design. Full back, you are looking at least 30-40K.
Talk to Michael, ask for a price and then upcharge the customer and let Michael do it.

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 12:23:54 PM »
I was going to call him Monday I am clueless in this area

Sent  from samsung gem(the worst smart phone ever)
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com

Offline royster13

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 02:45:25 PM »
Make sure you are aware of all shipping charges when you double vendor.....There are lots of vendors that decorate in house (Zorrel, Antigua, Advantage, Wear Magic, Wasatch T, Ash City, etc.) and even though they may charge more than other contract decorators the landed price is usually less....

There are also a good number of contractors that pickup at wholesale places for free (any size order)...For example, Sanmar has a program called PSST.....If you Google it, you will find some of the participants in this program.....

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2012, 07:42:43 PM »
Thanks for the help!!!
 I talked to them today and they are unsure if they want a poly blend outfit or all cotton and have no idea what they want on it. I offered to design it for $25-$50 but they said nope. I was thinking of just going through Holloway and let them do everything. Or send it over to Blue Moon to embroider as they are super close to me.
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com