Author Topic: yen for a name  (Read 1039 times)

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
yen for a name
« on: January 28, 2012, 02:04:54 AM »
This guy calls me today tells me  he has a football jersey that he bought on line for his son but the jersey came in with the wong, name on it, Ok you will catch on in a minute why the name was wong........

I gave him some stock answer about how we do not take garments in to rework etc and I asked him why not contact the company about the mistake and send it back for a replacement.
His answer was and I quote............................... "I bought it on line from China"

How freaking cheap can a person be to buy their son one football jersey from China? the only possible reason to go to the other side of the planet to get one FOOTBALL JERSEY has to be price.................... :o 
You can't make this stuff up
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication DUH
Re: yen for a name
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 10:43:00 AM »
No kidding people are amazing!
 I just had a girl ask if I could make one shirt with a front print and and arm print. I said sure it will be $27.00. She said thats way too much and that she can get it online WAY cheaper. I said I understand and thanks for thinking of me but go ahead and get it online. I week later she called to see if I would come down to $15.00 I said nope my quote stands sorry. She said with the arm print she could not find it cheaper online delivered but she felt I should come down to $15.00 anyway because thats what she felt it was worth. I explained all my costs even my investment in equipment and explained that I would be making no money on it. She said yeah but thats too much to ask people to pay and that just because I spent money on equipment does not mean I should expect the customer to help pay it off. How great is that?
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com

Offline stitches4815

• !!!
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 10:49:55 AM »
No kidding people are amazing!
 I just had a girl ask if I could make one shirt with a front print and and arm print. I said sure it will be $27.00. She said thats way too much and that she can get it online WAY cheaper. I said I understand and thanks for thinking of me but go ahead and get it online. I week later she called to see if I would come down to $15.00 I said nope my quote stands sorry. She said with the arm print she could not find it cheaper online delivered but she felt I should come down to $15.00 anyway because thats what she felt it was worth. I explained all my costs even my investment in equipment and explained that I would be making no money on it. She said yeah but thats too much to ask people to pay and that just because I spent money on equipment does not mean I should expect the customer to help pay it off. How great is that?
I ask them if they would work for a discounted wage.  I love it when they say no. 

Offline Coyote71

• !!!
  • Verified/Junior
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 11:53:09 AM »
Isn't that called economic fairness? O wait, thats for the politics board. Sorry  ;D

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication DUH
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2012, 12:13:09 PM »
People are great

Sent  from samsung gem(the worst smart phone ever)
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com

Offline ScreenFoo

• Gonzo Member
  • Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2012, 12:23:34 PM »
Isn't it a yuan?    :)