Author Topic: Aeoon DTG Printer-Inkjet Printheads  (Read 3023 times)

Offline Tagless Threads

• Verified/Junior
Aeoon DTG Printer-Inkjet Printheads
« on: February 01, 2012, 12:24:53 AM »
I'm just curious if anyone knows if the Aeoon uses custom built print heads or multiple re-manufactured printheads? The print speeds are insane.
Screen Printing - Tagless Threads
twitter - facebook - flickr

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Aeoon DTG Printer-Inkjet Printheads
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 08:53:37 AM »
I think it's easier and easier to get custom heads built.  My guess though is that the heads come from another wide format printer, like a sign or flatbed printer.  Why reinvent the wheel when there are already uber-huge heads available.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 10:18:20 AM »
I don't remember who made the heads, but if you google around they were talking about working with a manufacturer on the heads. Can't remember if it was a video or a writeup, but a quick search should get you the answers. From what I remember, the heads were developed for them.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Alex M

• !!!
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 10:26:19 AM »
If I am not mistaken they are kyocera print heads.
Alex Mammoser
Director of Sales
Easiway Systems
Mobile: +1 630 220 6588
alex@easiway.com

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 11:19:08 AM »
If I am not mistaken they are kyocera print heads.

that sounds about right . . .
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Tagless Threads

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2012, 06:38:50 PM »
I like how the brother DTG printers all have their own custom heads. We've never had issues with them and the upkeep is minimal. Before Brother, I went through three DTG printers that all used epson printheads that had nothing but glitches and issue after issue. This was Probably because they weren't built for that type of ink. I think the most important part of a printer are the printheads and if they constantly get clogged, all you're going to do is waste time which completely cancels out the fact that they are "fast" and "productive".
Screen Printing - Tagless Threads
twitter - facebook - flickr