Author Topic: Cannot install Filmmaker on my new computer  (Read 2393 times)

Offline SkylinePrints

• Verified/Junior
Cannot install Filmmaker on my new computer
« on: February 02, 2012, 03:23:44 PM »
I had to change my computer that I printed Filmmaker from.  Now I can't install it on my "new" computer.  I insert the FM cd and followed the instructions.  The problem comes when it wants to build the new que.  The Epson Workforce 1100 is not an option.  I do not remember how I got it installed on my last computer but I think I had to have someone from CadLink remote in and install it.  That seems crazy and it should be something I can do myself but for the life of me, I cannot figure out how.

I installed the Epson 1800 (random selection) and it just shoots the films through the printer without ever printing a single thing on it.  So, I deleted that one and tried another.  Same results.  Argh!

So, anyone know how in the hech I install the Epson WorkForce 1100 with Filmmaker?
Have a great day! :)
 Nathan Harrison Skyline Prints Embroidery & Screen Printing 4982 Bill Gardner Pkwy  Locust Grove, GA 30248  (770) 914-1558  www.SkylinePrints.com  Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/skylineprints or Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/skylineprints

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Cannot install Filmmaker on my new computer
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 03:28:51 PM »
Not sure if this helps but in my FM an Epson Stylus 1100 is listed, maybe that is what you need?
"No man is an island"

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 04:27:50 PM »
I had to change my computer that I printed Filmmaker from.  Now I can't install it on my "new" computer.  I insert the FM cd and followed the instructions.  The problem comes when it wants to build the new que.  The Epson Workforce 1100 is not an option.  I do not remember how I got it installed on my last computer but I think I had to have someone from CadLink remote in and install it.  That seems crazy and it should be something I can do myself but for the life of me, I cannot figure out how.

I installed the Epson 1800 (random selection) and it just shoots the films through the printer without ever printing a single thing on it.  So, I deleted that one and tried another.  Same results.  Argh!

So, anyone know how in the hech I install the Epson WorkForce 1100 with Filmmaker?

two thoughts, FWIIW. . .

Fire up your old computer and see what you have set up (this one might be too obvious, but hey, I'm shooting from the hip).
next, I suspect you are using the stylus not the workforce. If indeed it is the all in one Workforce model, my suggestion would be to go and get a 1400.  For the $220 price, it is worth every penny. Even better, get a 48xx and forget about feeding the film and wasting bits and pieces . . .

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 06:44:02 PM »
A small issue, but the 1100 is indeed part of the Workforce line and is a stand-alone printer, not a combo machine.

Perhaps, the driver in FM is merely mis-named "stylus"

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/jsp/Product.do?sku=C11CA58201

And, for the record, they available in the $100 (and below) range right now, and there are refillable carts and bulk systems available as well.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Chadwick

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 07:37:29 PM »
It sounds like you're just missing a printer driver.
( shooting from the hip here as well.. )
Is the operating system the same or have you upgraded ( like win7 on the new, XP on the old )?