Author Topic: Anyone every drive a networked printer from accurip?  (Read 2190 times)

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Anyone every drive a networked printer from accurip?
« on: February 06, 2012, 10:48:24 AM »
I'm trying to install accurip on a pc that is not directly hooked up to the printer, logistically it just doesn't make sense.

I shared the printer, connected to it via win7 64bit (both pc's) no problem... printing in windows no problem.

Install Accurip (trial) and it installs sees the WF1100, I go into setup and check "show all ports" and boom the virutal USB002 //networkedcomputer/share shows up.  Select that, hit test and "error".

That's all, no other messages.

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Anyone every drive a networked printer from accurip?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 11:10:51 AM »
check the knowledge base. I have my accurip on a network computer and it's super simple.
It only installs on 1 machine, then you just add it as a printer on other machines.

http://www.softwareforscreenprinterstech.com/component/rsticketspro/view-article/132-acc-0199--accurip-can-print-from-multiple-computers-networking
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 11:22:17 AM »
If you get tired of searching, you can also call Charlie Facini there, he's very good at getting your problems solved...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 11:36:34 AM »
That is the wrong direction.

What I'm trying to do is drive a network shared printer INSIDE accurip.

I want to install accurip on a PC that does not have any printers connected to it (physically).

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2012, 11:51:14 AM »
AccuRIP acts as a print server as I understand it. We've had it for a couple years now. The printer is hooked up to the host computer, and others on the network add it like adding a printer... I don't think it would work the other way. We have a Mac mini as the host, and 3 other machines print to that. The job shows up in the queue, and is sent to the printer, in our case, an Epson 1400.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2012, 12:01:28 PM »
I'm looking to do that but in a little bit more separated way.  I don't understand the problem as it's still got the driver on the local machine it just prints to a "virtual" usb port which is a mapped in port on another machine.

How do I "rebuild" the driver in accurip?  I might try installing the driver from the internet vs the other computer... should be all the same but you never know.