Author Topic: Anyone here do any wall vinyl?  (Read 1238 times)

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
Anyone here do any wall vinyl?
« on: February 07, 2012, 12:41:50 AM »
Have a customer looking to decorate their walls with names in cut vinyl. Is there a special vinyl for this? Does an orange peeled textured wall make it difficult?

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Anyone here do any wall vinyl?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 08:10:05 AM »
you will have a bit of difficulty removing the application tape from the graphic, most vinyl doesn't stick to paint that well. I mean, it sticks, kind of, but the adhesion isn't like a piece of metal, it's more or less a static cling. You have to watch out for curling. avoid small text, go slow, and make sure you  peal the application tape on itself when you remove it. . I'm not too sure about the paint it's going on, that could cause huge issues too. .There are special materials just for wall graphics, but it's mostly made for printing, it's expensive and still not 100% perfect. Where do you buy your supplies from, they may be able to send you in the right direction.

...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline tancehughes

• !!!
  • Always learning new things!
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 09:25:35 AM »
Gerry, Oracal 631 is a specially made wall vinyl that can be removed at any time and never damage the customer's paint. It doesn't have a ton of adhesive, but it usually sticks just fine. I've had some up on our walls for over two years and it looks to be just fine.

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 10:13:42 AM »
I usually shop at advantage sign supply because they are local. The customer has a smooth border along the top of the wall that will be easier to apply vinyl on but the wall was their first choice. I'll check on the 631, thanks