Author Topic: screen coating tips from an old bastard  (Read 5210 times)

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: screen coating tips from an old bastard
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2012, 12:43:08 AM »
The 701 is usually sufficient, as it also degreases (and/(or establishes the correct ph) but then again, perhaps they just weren't clean enough
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2012, 02:47:30 AM »
Dont some tack cloths have some sort of oil in them?

Since I have not had any formal training could anyone see this? I coated about 12 screens yesterday and a few of them had these lighter circles on them. I clean the same way each time but these had them, admittiley my washout booth is filthy but I give each screen a generous flood rinse before setting to the side to dry.

Where do you put your screens after they are degreased. If behind you they are spots from back spray from your pressure washer.  I had this happen. The last screen of the batch had them because the screen got closer the more I did.  Just a guess.

You can catch a lot of the fish eyes when coating the screens. Coat your screens and then hold them up to a light, so your looking through the emultion film. You can see bad areas and light areas. If you see a bad area just redo you coating process. (It does not effect oem) You can't fix all the bad areas this way but you can alot of them.

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2012, 06:48:48 AM »
Your screens are getting splahed with something. Those patterns of spots and the roundness of them tells me that your screens are getting hit with some really small droplets of dirty water. We have been there seen this and have been surprised how far airborne water can travel. Again those spots are most likely from really small droplets of water with some contamination in them. landing on your screens.
mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.