Author Topic: anyone using the shurloc econ panels?  (Read 3288 times)

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
anyone using the shurloc econ panels?
« on: February 21, 2012, 10:08:05 PM »
Has anyone used the Shurloc Econ panels? What are your thoughts? I'm trying to estimate what it's gonna cost to upgrade to Shurloc EZ frames and the panel choice will make a big difference.

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
Re: anyone using the shurloc econ panels?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 11:38:43 PM »
Having never really tried any economically based mesh I can't say one way or the other, but I've never been a fan of the cheaper versions of anything else regarding screen printing so I have a feeling where this would end up.  I like the standard Sefar or Saati mesh that I've gotten in the shurloc panels in the past but they have never really "impressed" me, they just work fine.  I much prefer the S thread Murakami in the panels because of how much easier they are to print with, and hold detail.  The cheap inks are terrible, the cheap emulsion...terrible, the cheap frames=really terrible, you get the point.  I'm trying to remember if I've ever had any product in this industry that was the cheapest among it's competition working even remotely close to as good as the pricier stuff.  Having said all that, we are only talking about mesh, and if the threads can hold up to normal wear and tear, hold usable tension (probably where this mesh will really show it's true colors) and have decent mesh openings then it might stand a chance.  I really hope it works well, and I hope my pessimism doesn't discourage you, it's just been my luck in the past.  It has no real bearing on how that mesh will perform.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 11:51:39 PM »
I hear ya, im not trying to totally cheap out but was hoping someone had some experience with the econ panels and say hey they work 80% as well or something like that. I really would just like to work with more consistent tension whether it be 20, 30 or 40. The problem I am having now is that my frame stock is most likely all over the place, like all my 230s even though I dont have a meter to measure are very very soft compared to my 180s and 156s. So consistency is main objective and if the panels could get me in the high 20s to mid 30s consistenly I think I would be happy with that.

Offline shurloc

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 07:15:04 PM »
@Prosperi-Tees We'd be happy to send over an E-con and a Premium panel for you to test out on your conversion frame. If you send us two frames, we can even pre-stretch one of each on there for you to measure against. One thing I do want to warn you about though, you do not want to have your 156 and your 230 at the same tensions.

A 156 requires a higher tension than a 230 to achieve the proper opening for best usage. Just like a 110 requires more tension than an 83. You want to be careful that you aren't setting everything to 20N or 40N because it just won't work well for you in the long run. Ideally though, all your 230's tensions would match, your 156's would match and so on.

Oh and a side note, we've had some amazing results in testing with the E-con line, so don't worry about durability or performance. They are a solid panel and a great value - there's just not the selection there that the premium fabrics offer. You do lose that magical color code as well.
Online at: www.shurloc.com - Like Us On Facebook: shurloc.com/Facebook - How To Videos: shurloc.com/YouTube - Follow Us For Updates: shurloc.com/Twitter

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2012, 07:24:41 PM »
Shurloc,

Can you send frames with the mesh already on the frames. I really want to test your product but I don't want to get the stretching rig just to test a few screens. My goal is to be running all Shurloc EZ frames by the end of the year if they hold tention and print well with out poping too much.

Let me know

Jon

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2012, 08:35:09 PM »
@ Shurloc I already shipped just one frame to you guys, it should arrive to you tomorrow. I did not specify what mesh count I wanted so ill send you an email. Maybe I'll ship another to you yo test both panels.

Offline shurloc

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2012, 03:42:03 PM »
We've actually got the frame converted right now and are just waiting on the mesh count... If you want to fire another one up that would be great. Just let me know on the mesh and if another is coming and we will stretch them out at the same time.

Thanks!
Online at: www.shurloc.com - Like Us On Facebook: shurloc.com/Facebook - How To Videos: shurloc.com/YouTube - Follow Us For Updates: shurloc.com/Twitter

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2012, 03:57:28 PM »
I actually dont have another coming to you guys but if you could put a standard 156 yellow mesh panel in that would be great, Thanks!

Offline Get Shirts

anyone using the shurloc econ panels?
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2012, 10:08:42 PM »
We are about to start round two testing of the econo mesh.  So far, our 110's and 156's have held tension and print great.  The 305's need work, popped immediately. 

Offline Parker 1

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2012, 10:23:26 PM »
I've been using Econ panels for months.   We use 60-280, all tesioned to 32-40N depending on mesh, with no issues.  Doing research now on the smart mesh and will hopfully be able to try testing soon.  Just wondering what tesions other people are using with the Smart mesh?

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2012, 11:22:46 AM »
S mesh runs at 22-32 n/cm.  Sounds low comparatively but it's worth trying.

Offline shurloc

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2012, 07:11:51 PM »
I actually dont have another coming to you guys but if you could put a standard 156 yellow mesh panel in that would be great, Thanks!

Sorry I missed this one, we will get that 156 on there in the morning and get it headed back to you.

Thanks!

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2012, 03:00:56 PM »
Dont know if I like these EZ frames now. Went thru 1 job and 1 reclaim and this happened this morning sitting in the rack.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2012, 11:10:50 AM »
take a look at your chems.  $10 says that's the problem.

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2012, 11:18:59 AM »
Its the new CCI dip n strip @15 to 1 and easi way 701.