Author Topic: Squeegee blades for our first automatic press  (Read 2913 times)

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Squeegee blades for our first automatic press
« on: February 27, 2012, 12:46:49 AM »
The Diamondback we are ordering is coming with the green 75 durometer blades. I was advised now that those blades feel rather like 80 durometer and might be to stiff for textile printing. The offer was to change them now to 65 or to 65/90/65 blades. Any thoughts on this?

Offline inkbrigade

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 01:42:49 AM »
We like 65 9065 for printing white ink. Although we do use the stock green ones for top plate colors as well
-------------------------------
Wish List / Let me know if your selling any of the following:  Newman (Stretch Devices) Orange Screen Racks and Press Carts
Saturn Screen Racks / Press Cart

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Squeegee blades for our first automatic press
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 01:48:38 AM »
Great. You use mainly plastisol inks or H2Obased inks? Would like to get an opinion on floodbars too. Winged or not winged?

Offline inkbrigade

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 02:18:14 AM »
We do mostly plastisol but lots of waterbase and discharge as well.

Only by winged flood bars regular flood bars suck.

The M&R wings flood bar is the best one. Works great. And the easiest to clean
Wish List / Let me know if your selling any of the following:  Newman (Stretch Devices) Orange Screen Racks and Press Carts

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2012, 02:21:43 AM »
Thanks for the advise. I guess it`s no point saving a few extra $ especially if this is being shipped to Japan and will make my life easier anyway.

Offline inkbrigade

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2012, 03:21:22 AM »
Lots easier. So worth it. I want to get rid of our old regular flood bars

Offline Action1

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2012, 08:38:28 AM »

We have redesigned our winged flood bars to make them easier to clean. The height of the wing was also increased.

Please allow us to send you a complimentary winged flood bar for your evaluation. We would sincerely appreciate your feed back.

Erik - 800/228-4668

Offline Action1

Winged Flood Bars - redesigned for easier cleanup and taller wings
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2012, 09:10:52 AM »

Here's a picture of the improved winged flood bars. They are absolutely easier to clean.  The stainless steel attachment was moved to the front of the assembly. This change eliminated the area that previously was an area of concern. The height of the wing was also increased. 

There are other improvements in the revised design also.

We are constantly improving our products and appreciate our customers input. If any one else here would like to evaluate our improved winged flood bar - we offer the first one for 1/2 price. Even then - if you're not satisfied - we will give you a full refund.

Action Engineering, Inc.

Offline jasonl

• !!!
Re: Winged Flood Bars - redesigned for easier cleanup and taller wings
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2012, 06:39:49 PM »

Here's a picture of the improved winged flood bars. They are absolutely easier to clean.  The stainless steel attachment was moved to the front of the assembly. This change eliminated the area that previously was an area of concern. The height of the wing was also increased. 

There are other improvements in the revised design also.

We are constantly improving our products and appreciate our customers input. If any one else here would like to evaluate our improved winged flood bar - we offer the first one for 1/2 price. Even then - if you're not satisfied - we will give you a full refund.

Action Engineering, Inc.

You need to send me a complimentary one!  I am the one who always complained at your booth that the wings were to short.  I have been buying from you for years!  I recently opened a new shop and have been slowly but surely converting to your products.  AND, I am in GA, just like you!  Send me one of the new ones.
"We Make Blank Shirts Look Awesome!"

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2012, 06:54:33 PM »

We have redesigned our winged flood bars to make them easier to clean. The height of the wing was also increased.

Please allow us to send you a complimentary winged flood bar for your evaluation. We would sincerely appreciate your feed back.

Erik - 800/228-4668

Erik,

That is a scary thing to do on a open forum like this. You are offering to give someone "rockers" a free winged flood bar? I bet you now will get hit up from about every customer that has ever bought a flood bar from you. The truth about this situation is "rockers"  is going to buy the winged flood bars from M&R no matter how good your new flood bars are. He is buying a new press from M&R so he will upgrade to winged flood bars with them. Even if he loved yours he would have to get basic flood bars from M&R then order all winged ones from you. In the long run the M&R winged floods will be a ton cheaper for "rockers", in this situation. Now if your just wanting someone to compare your new design to the M&R floods then you’re doing the right thing. I would just privately tell him you will send him a free one.

Just my 2 cents.

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2012, 06:59:18 PM »

Erik - 800/228-4668

Erik,

That is a scary thing to do on a open forum like this. You are offering to give someone "rockers" a free winged flood bar? I bet you now will get hit up from about every customer that has ever bought a flood bar from you. The truth about this situation is "rockers"  is going to buy the winged flood bars from M&R no matter how good your new flood bars are. He is buying a new press from M&R so he will upgrade to winged flood bars with them. Even if he loved yours he would have to get basic flood bars from M&R then order all winged ones from you. In the long run the M&R winged floods will be a ton cheaper for "rockers", in this situation. Now if your just wanting someone to compare your new design to the M&R floods then you’re doing the right thing. I would just privately tell him you will send him a free one.

Just my 2 cents.
Actually  he did not offer me those free flood bars. I wish he had but he quoted and correct me if I`m wrong replied to Inkbrigade`s comment. I`m much more interested in double stroke squeegees.

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2012, 07:03:24 PM »

Erik - 800/228-4668

Erik,

Just my 2 cents.
But you are spot , I get my press with M&R winged flood bars. It does not cost that much more to upgrade from the standard ones. Honestly I thought as well that is almost a crazy thing to do to offer someone openly some free winged floodbars. I know Erik is very helpful, have done some business with him over the years but free offers on a forum that is almost too much generosity. ;)

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2012, 07:18:50 PM »

Erik - 800/228-4668

Erik,

Just my 2 cents.
But you are spot , I get my press with M&R winged flood bars. It does not cost that much more to upgrade from the standard ones. Honestly I thought as well that is almost a crazy thing to do to offer someone openly some free winged floodbars. I know Erik is very helpful, have done some business with him over the years but free offers on a forum that is almost too much generosity. ;)

Hey Free stuff on the forum is good for our business!!! We'll get more ppl come over and hang out hoping for free stuff! :)

pierre

Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2012, 07:21:20 PM »
Right on

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2012, 07:31:28 PM »

Erik - 800/228-4668

Erik,

Just my 2 cents.

Hey Free stuff on the forum is good for our business!!! We'll get more ppl come over and hang out hoping for free stuff! :)

pierre

Hey I am not against getting free stuff. I just think doing it on a forum could get customers that paid for that item mad.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 11:48:22 PM by Screened Gear »