Author Topic: Just a quick SCAM ALERT  (Read 1452 times)

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
Just a quick SCAM ALERT
« on: February 27, 2012, 02:58:56 PM »
Most of you probably know, but as I started researching for an used single head, I have been finding many "great deals" online.
From great condition 2006 Barudan for $3000 to something like this.
http://www.digitsmith.com/tajima-neo-ii-creator-supplies-8500-a-30348.html

I have a few links on the bottom of that post that use all the info and images from it.
Looking at this post, that might be a scam too, seller never responded to the questions.

I hope cross linking in this case is OK :)

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: Just a quick SCAM ALERT
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 03:24:08 PM »
As you pointed out, even Digitsmith (or, for that matter TSB when strangers are involved) is no more an assured honest deal than any other long distance deal.
Even established dealers have been exposed either rightfully or wrongfully as participating in deals from outright scams, to merely not as advertised.

Buyer beware! Long distance buyer be even more wary!

That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 04:06:29 PM »
I just bought a piece from HGR, they don't specialize in screen printing equipment, just general equipment.  Some good deals can be had there for those that don't mind putting a little work into their equipment.

Offline inkbrigade

Just a quick SCAM ALERT
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 04:45:39 PM »
I just bought a piece from HGR, they don't specialize in screen printing equipment, just general equipment.  Some good deals can be had there for those that don't mind putting a little work into their equipment.

What is hgr?
-------------------------------
Wish List / Let me know if your selling any of the following:  Newman (Stretch Devices) Orange Screen Racks and Press Carts
Saturn Screen Racks / Press Cart

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2012, 04:59:46 PM »
Most of you probably know, but as I started researching for an used single head, I have been finding many "great deals" online.
From great condition 2006 Barudan for $3000 to something like this.
http://www.digitsmith.com/tajima-neo-ii-creator-supplies-8500-a-30348.html

I have a few links on the bottom of that post that use all the info and images from it.
Looking at this post, that might be a scam too, seller never responded to the questions.

I hope cross linking in this case is OK :) Check with the leasing companies. Beacon funding leases space in our Niles factory and I have seen some single head units over there. I do not know what brands they were. I am sure most of the leasing companies have these and they would be a safer bet than someone you don't know on the web.
Rich Hoffman

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2012, 06:35:42 PM »
HGR   http://www.hgrinc.com/

Thanks Rich, I will check.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2012, 08:41:02 PM »
Yes, that HGR.  Also equipused.com  is Beacon's site.  They always have some good stuff.

Offline Maygen

• Verified/Junior
  • www.hgrinc.com
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2012, 03:15:35 PM »
HGR Industrial Surplus as a whole, appreciates all the nice comments made by fellow users. Feel free to visit our website or stop in and visit our showroom anytime, we have something for everyone.