Author Topic: Greek Letters  (Read 4344 times)

Offline jesterapparel

• !!!
Greek Letters
« on: March 05, 2012, 12:14:17 PM »
Anyone no where to download these or have them and could email me them?

Offline jesterapparel

• !!!
Re: Greek Letters
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 01:27:41 PM »
anyone?  searched over an hour for this and couldn't find something that wasn't blurry.

Offline Ripcord

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 01:49:51 PM »
Many fonts you already have installed will have Greek letters within the font, but since they aren't represented on the keyboard, you need to copy them from your character map.
Δ Σ Ω ... (see, it's easy!)
So...click Start/ All Programs/ Accessories/ System Tools/ Character Map and it will open up a menu with all kinds of symbols, including Greek letters. Select the ones you want, copy them and paste into your graphics program.
Raster to vector conversion

Offline Fresh Baked Printing

• "Tattoo Free Since 1965"
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 02:54:24 PM »
I have a greek font, font from DaFont I think. Let me know if you cant find it there and I'll email you my mine. It's a free font.  Search "Greek".
50% of the time I'm 100% right.
http://www.spiffylab.com

Offline jesterapparel

• !!!
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 03:30:46 PM »
I have the greek font but couldn't find the characters I need.
But with your help I figured it out in Corel how to find fonts symbols.

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 11:24:04 PM »
Many fonts you already have installed will have Greek letters within the font, but since they aren't represented on the keyboard, you need to copy them from your character map.
Δ Σ Ω ... (see, it's easy!)
So...click Start/ All Programs/ Accessories/ System Tools/ Character Map and it will open up a menu with all kinds of symbols, including Greek letters. Select the ones you want, copy them and paste into your graphics program.

Good info.  Some years back, my son was in Iraq and needed to have his name and rank in Arabic on a patch.  I turned to someone at work that had an Arabic font on their company pc.  I noticed even Arabic was in that table.  Thanks.
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline Ripcord

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2012, 09:41:20 AM »
Yeah, there's plenty of useful stuff on the menu: ® © ¢ £ ... :)
Raster to vector conversion

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2012, 10:41:16 AM »
If you use Illustrator, open up Glyphs pane, it is under Window, Type, Glyphs. You should find most of them there and the rest of the special characters for a specific font. Some fonts do not have Greek letters included.

Offline Command-Z

• !!!
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2012, 01:50:35 PM »
If you use Illustrator, open up Glyphs pane, it is under Window, Type, Glyphs. You should find most of them there and the rest of the special characters for a specific font. Some fonts do not have Greek letters included.

I've never looked at that... cool! Great post.

As much as I know and use Illustrator, there's still things to learn about it. I probably use 10% of Photoshop.
Design, Illustration and Color Separation for the Imprinted Apparel Industry for over 20 years. SeibelStudio.com
 Custom art not in the budget? Check out Bad Bonz Designs

Offline studog

• !!!
  • Verified/Junior
  • I am back
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2012, 02:06:44 PM »
I have 2 fonts from stahls. Give me your email and I'll send them.

Offline Coyote71

• !!!
  • Verified/Junior
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2012, 10:18:47 PM »
What you need? I have some drawn. Send an e mail

Offline Fluid

• !!!
  • Keep the Ink Moving... Stay Corelian My Friends!
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2012, 11:26:42 AM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpha  click each letter on the right side and you can download each as a SVG file.  Also just google search Greek Letter fonts and you will come across a bunch you can download for free. 

Also if you use Corel just like mentioned using Glyphs in Illustrator, you can use Special Characters in Corel the same way.
Richard
--Fluid       www.fluiddsn.com Graphic Designs, Color Separations & Film Output 15+ years Industry Experience - CorelDRAW Master®