Author Topic: Total Random Post  (Read 1070 times)

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
Total Random Post
« on: March 10, 2012, 06:10:22 PM »
Hey,
Total random post, nothing serious here. But have y'all every noticed no matter where you turn there is another human being? Not just your shop. I mean like walking your dog at the park, cutting between two buildings downtown to save time at a crosswalk, driving your car at 11:00 at night in no man's land and there is another car driving past you. I have been lucky to travel all over the world from Indonesia to Panama to Estonia to Norway and all 50 states but Alaska. And more. From remote islands to dark fjords and Detroit. But man, every time I turn around there is another human. Crap, people are just everywhere! And every single time I think as I am backing out at work late at night or early in the morning, "there won't be a car coming," here comes one. Just never ending people.

I guess my point is every single one of them wears a garment with something printed on it. At the rate the world's population is expanding we all have job security!

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Re: Total Random Post
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 06:50:50 PM »
And I was just looking for a totally random post to keep me away from the political forum. LOL.

I was wondering where you were going with this and then it all made cents...er dollars. :)
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline jason-23

• FONTNINJA
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 06:58:44 PM »
Yeah but If the price of fuel keeps going up doesn't that mean the price of inks are too? They are a type of plastic which is made from oil...right or am I wrong? We have to many humans on this planet and at this rate we are going to run out of water by 2025... We need a good old plague to wipe out a few billion or so...;)

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 07:29:49 PM »
Yeah but If the price of fuel keeps going up doesn't that mean the price of inks are too? They are a type of plastic which is made from oil...right or am I wrong? We have to many humans on this planet and at this rate we are going to run out of water by 2025... We need a good old plague to wipe out a few billion or so...;)

Well, if you check your invoices over the past several years the price of ink seems to go up every other quarter! Plastisol and water base. Yes, you are right on the plastisol. But I would think the reason why would be the actual components that go into the making of the pigments for both water base and plastisol. It seems why white ink for example gets more spendy is due to what makes it white, not the petroleum. And I believe the majority of these pigments comes from China. But I could be and probably am completely wrong. Would be great for one of the ink reps or companies on the forum to chime in.