Author Topic: Just got my iMac 27!  (Read 3509 times)

Offline Fresh Baked Printing

• "Tattoo Free Since 1965"
Just got my iMac 27!
« on: March 11, 2012, 08:04:54 PM »
I'm sure I will be very frustrated with the learning curve and how I'm used to printing for screening with a PC.
I feel so 2012.
50% of the time I'm 100% right.
http://www.spiffylab.com

Offline Hegemone

• Verified/Junior
Just got my iMac 27!
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 08:18:55 PM »
Yes, perhaps but the rendering spread and the stability will make up for all that. Congratulations.
(mikel@)(www.) 1PartArt1PartTee.com

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Just got my iMac 27!
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 08:58:30 PM »
The most frustrating feeling you will have is "why did I not do this sooner"...... ;D
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2012, 11:15:35 PM »
Which is really just denial of how bad a user one really is. ;)

Offline inkbrigade

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2012, 12:10:03 AM »
Kick ass! Your gonna love it!
-------------------------------
Wish List / Let me know if your selling any of the following:  Newman (Stretch Devices) Orange Screen Racks and Press Carts
Saturn Screen Racks / Press Cart

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2012, 07:56:58 AM »
Jealous!!!!

You will not regret it!!!

Offline Croft

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2012, 10:38:07 AM »
I don't think you will have to many problems switching over. everything is pretty straight forward ( always has been  :D)
 Welcome to the cult of MAC

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2012, 11:00:59 AM »
This is not about iMac or Mac products, but it pretty much sums up the difference between Apple and Windows in a funny way.
It is about package design, but it can be taken manny different ways. Simplicity Vs. .................. let just say MICROSOFT.

Microsoft Re-Designs the Ipod Packaging

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2012, 11:21:56 AM »
LOL @ DK... that is true, though I don't have issue with Sys Req... I know several iPod users that wished they had known they needed to upgrade with the new purchase they were making.

Speaking of... one HUGE beef I have with Apple is... "Oh, you want an iPod... well you have to use OUR iTunes... deal with it"... "Oh, you want an iPhone?  Well, now you have to use OUR iTunes AND give us your credit card and start an iTunes account... oh and btw, if you ever upgrade, change computers or phones... you will likely lose everything and have to fight tooth and nail to get us to let you have it back.  Enjoy!"

I REALLY hate iTunes if you didn't get that... but, I also don't have nor will I ever have an iPod or iPhone.  Don't get me wrong... they are VERY good products, I just can't understand forcing me to use iTunes on my computer... it tries to take over your whole computer AND decides that you NEED a few "helper services" running on your computer at all times now... thanks for taking up RAM and CPU so I can listen to music when I'm NOT on my computer.  :o

Btw, I REALLY hate iTunes. ;)

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2012, 11:29:07 AM »
What I really hate about Apple products is the really really really short cord they give you for charging your IPAD did I say its really short? Go buy any Apple adapter for the TV or car charger or well anything and you have to take out a second mortage on your home. Other than that it is good products.

Oh and Itunes sucks sucks sucks, you have to be a nerd times ten to really even understand how to use it and sync and cloud and genius and umm whatever.
"No man is an island"

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2012, 11:30:29 AM »
Did you just say that you hate iTunes???

Why......? :)

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2012, 11:42:22 AM »
DK, I can find more reasons for you if you really want. :p

Being FORCED to use a product is enough though isn't it?  Wasn't that one of the main gripes about windows back in the day? *shrug*

My FAVORITE thing about Apple is the displays at Bestbuy.  They have all the price cards covered up and if you flip it over and walk away they come behind you and cover it right back up.  Wonder why?  Oh, because if anyone saw the price as they walked up they would just walk right away!  They want you to walk up and play with it and "fall in love with it" then when you see how much you will start rationalizing and justifying why you should spend that much on a computer. ;)

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2012, 12:06:33 PM »
iTtunes is what kept me in generic music players all of these years. (The original iPod battery scandal didn't help either)

Also, either it's "1%r's" buying Apple products, or the economy was never as bad as some said. These folks drop a lot of cash.
We seem to have members of the cult lining up at the stores even before they know what the new product is!

That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2012, 12:10:28 PM »
I'd say it's a combination of both... the economy isn't as bad as the media makes it out to be (which of course causes people to panic and horde) and people just have no restraint.

I'm broke, ain't got no job, ain't got no car... but I got a $500+ phone and a $100/month cell phone plan.  That makes sense.

Only reason I ended up with a "smart" phone was because it was actually cheaper to switch the whole family together to smart phones on t-mobile (cheap for a reason) than it was to keep the wife and daughter on their Verizon plan and myself on my Centinnial plan (RIP Cent.)

Offline Fresh Baked Printing

• "Tattoo Free Since 1965"
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2012, 01:59:31 PM »
iTtunes is what kept me in generic music players all of these years. (The original iPod battery scandal didn't help either)
Also, either it's "1%r's" buying Apple products, or the economy was never as bad as some said. These folks drop a lot of cash.
We seem to have members of the cult lining up at the stores even before they know what the new product is!

I've been a reluctant Mac buyer if for no other reason than to tell those damn "buy a mac" people to 'eff off.  I did buy one of the first generation iPods years ago and then last summer, I ditched the BlackBerry for the iPhone. The iPod purchase was good thing. I'm still not 100% on the iPhone. If only I could combine a BlackBerry and iPhone.  BTW, ironically, my Kickstarter project involves an iPhone.

The iMac is still in the box next to my PC.  I'm guessing I better get through the next couple days of work before opening the box and getting totally sidetracked by the shiny new monitor for hours on end.
I do have to say that the Apple buying experience is pretty service orientated and easy.  I upgraded to 8 gigs of ram and the store had the computer upgraded and ready to go in under an hour on a very busy day.  The iMac is very nice looking machine. Very minimalist which makes my office look cleaner than it really is.

It seemed that no matter how many fresh Windows and software installs and tweaks I made to my PC, it never-ever was rock solid.
I've been a PC guy since the 286's and cut my teeth as a programmer on DOS and Unix machines so it is with some sadness that I bid my 3 year old Dell goodbye (but I may need it to print with my 3000).

50% of the time I'm 100% right.
http://www.spiffylab.com