Author Topic: Pin up scene - step by step  (Read 2553 times)

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Pin up scene - step by step
« on: May 10, 2011, 08:43:48 PM »
SORRY FOLKS.
I had to take the pictures down of the designs. The company recently had me sign a confidentiality agreement. This is after I had already done 8 designs now. Maybe someone saw something on here and figured they should stop me from posting it. It's understandable. I figured I'd not be allowed sooner or later.  I can show them when they are all done and in the stores. Just now before.
As many of you know, this company keeps a good eye on it's art and logo usage. I the end, this post is really not work much now but I didn't want to delete the post fr people so it's still here with no pics.

This is a step by step of a collaboration between me and several other artist.  I handle the orders/meetings/ negotiations, job assignments, finding the right artist and most revision. I job out the sketch work to designated artist that fit the need based on my interpretation of what the buyers want. Then once the buyers approve a sketch, I take it to completion by tightening up the sketch and taking it to completion.  I am able to handle more jobs this way rather than doing it all myself.

At this stage, I am honing in on areas that I want to improve on. The eagle didn't look right for what I wanted and the chicks face and hand needed some improvements. Other than that, it gave me a good start. By the time I'm done, this should develop into more of a semi realistic looking painting while trying to keep a Vargas feel to it. I may drift away from that as I get more into it.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 01:57:37 PM by Dottonedan »
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Evo

• Anything is possible.
Re: Pin up scene - step by step
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 08:53:28 PM »
NICE.

Only thing I can say off the top of my head is her neck is maybe a touch too thick. A thinner neck would make her look more feminine.

Looked at much Gil Elvgren? This design screams his style.
There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey.
John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 08:57:03 PM »
NICE.Only thing I can say off the top of my head is her neck is maybe a touch too thick. A thinner neck would make her look more feminine.
Looked at much Gil Elvgren? This design screams his style.

Thanks for the reminder. I saw that early on but forgot about it. Good eye.   I will check that one out. Not familiar with the name.
The hand will also actually be more feminized once I get going. I did it from my own and well, mines a bit larger. Ha.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 10:51:14 PM »
Check the area where pinkie finger connects with the hand, it looks a bit weird/thin.
Also, for some reason, her but looks better on C2 than on C3, maybe because it looks a bit more rounded :)

Offline Donnie

• !!!
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 12:45:04 AM »
More Boobs... ;D

Offline Chadwick

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2011, 12:53:10 AM »
Gotta love posting wip's eh?
( Nitpick, nag, blah, blah, lol )
The eyes went out once you went to just linework.
Ignore the eyeballs, put em back in after you fix up the placement of the sockets.
Did I mention I like it?
Looks like a fun gig.
Cheers.