Author Topic: Banned from SPOF  (Read 8974 times)

Offline Scobey Peterman

Banned from SPOF
« on: May 11, 2011, 06:52:56 AM »
I just read where I was banned from posting on Prestons site.

I have no clue as to why.

My last post was to ask for help with some artwork.

Was I wrong for asking for help??

I thought that was what these sites are for??
Quality over Quantity

Offline Fresh Baked Printing

• "Tattoo Free Since 1965"
Re: Banned from SPOF
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 07:27:51 AM »
Preston is changing something with email addresses as ban triggers.
I use a so-called throw away email address. I've had the same Yahoo email for 7+ years. Hardley throw awy.
When a web presence or domain name of mine changes, I don't have to update my email with distributors, logins, etc., I just keep using my good 'ole yahoo email address.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 10:13:40 AM by Fresh Baked Printing (bkd001) »
50% of the time I'm 100% right.
http://www.spiffylab.com

Offline Scobey Peterman

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 07:53:27 AM »
I will change my e-mail address and see what happens.

Thank you for the information.
Quality over Quantity

Offline Scobey Peterman

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 07:56:40 AM »
That was it......I'm back on the site.
Quality over Quantity

Offline squeezee

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 08:17:02 AM »
Somebody (presumably Lord Voldemort) has been using multiple personalities (at a guess) and Preston, who has my sympathy, has banned any throw-away email accounts like gmail/yahoo/hotmail.
Personally, my gmail account is my long-term one and the ISP is only valid until I get a better deal.
It's like a war-zone over there.
imagesetters for screenprinting  A Troll-free zone :-)

Online Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2011, 08:23:11 AM »
yeah, wtf is that all about? That place has become useless. . .pisses me off to see such a nice place go all to hell over stupid crap. I'm friggen done, I am not changing my e-mail account for that bs. Poor Preston, all that work and it's now a big pile of steaming dog crap.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2011, 08:26:11 AM »
Jeez Scobey, I hate to think that that was the only reason you paid us a visit!  :o
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline T Shirt1

• !!!
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2011, 09:59:19 AM »
Same here.  Got booted for using the gmail addy that we've had longer than our T Shirt1 address.  ROFLMAO!!  Oh well, I got to where I couldnt keep up with all the multiple personalities.  There was/is so much drama and mindless yapping that (IMO) the content suffered drastically.  I know I won't be missed and I am sorry to see it follow the path of screenprinters.net but I'd rather spend my time where there might be less activity and more content.
steve

Offline jesterapparel

• !!!
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2011, 10:02:17 AM »
I just read where I was banned from posting on Prestons site.

I have no clue as to why.

My last post was to ask for help with some artwork.

Was I wrong for asking for help??

I thought that was what these sites are for??

Preston brought that on himself, I don't feel sorry for him anymore.

Offline shellyky

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2011, 10:23:21 AM »
Sorry shellyky, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.

I'm not changing my email address to my work email--i dont need any spam going to that, thats the whole reason ive used hotmail for online BS since 1995. lol....guess ill just stay banned...

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2011, 10:55:50 AM »
Sorry shellyky, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.

I'm not changing my email address to my work email--i dont need any spam going to that, thats the whole reason ive used hotmail for online BS since 1995. lol....guess ill just stay banned...

You can open something like bs@graphicdisorder.com and forward to your Yahoo or Hotmail address. Ends up being the same to you.

I like the idea because if you are in this business, more than likely, you have your own site. Usually, hosting comes with unlimited addresses and you can open up a separate one for every Forum you are on.
This prevents people (somewhat) from using a bogus emails for forum use as we have seen some people with multiple aliases.

I know it is a pain, but I think I like this :)

Offline squeegee

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2011, 10:55:58 AM »
I won't change my email either, sorry, my professional email is off limits to forums, period.

I haven't bothered posting on SPOF lately anyway because anyone with something useful to say can't get a word in edgewise.

This site on the other hand is going great, I've been helped and participated in helping more in 2-3 weeks here than the last 6 months over there.

Thanks to all and to the admins here.  I think we all know why we are here!

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2011, 11:03:02 AM »

You can open something like bs@graphicdisorder.com and forward to your Yahoo or Hotmail address. Ends up being the same to you.

I like the idea because if you are in this business, more than likely, you have your own site. Usually, hosting comes with unlimited addresses and you can open up a separate one for every Forum you are on.
This prevents people (somewhat) from using a bogus emails for forum use as we have seen some people with multiple aliases.

I know it is a pain, but I think I like this :)

We can do that for sure, I have unlimited email accounts of course.  But I doubt she'd want me to set that up for her. 
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline Fresh Baked Printing

• "Tattoo Free Since 1965"
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2011, 11:05:43 AM »
For me the idea of a throw away email address is that I can keep the same email even if my domain or web presence changes. What a nightmare to remember more login crap.
If I change my domain and I would have to change email address with a gazillion distributors, etc.
My yahoo address never changes.
The easiest way for P to address the problem would have been just to simply delete the bogus user and their post. Didn't take a forensic examination to figure out which users and post were bait.
50% of the time I'm 100% right.
http://www.spiffylab.com

Offline Scobey Peterman

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2011, 11:28:24 AM »
Andy,

Someone suggested this site, so here I am.

Can you tell me how to ignore on this site?

I assume it has this feature.
Quality over Quantity