Author Topic: Gasket for exposure unit  (Read 3436 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Gasket for exposure unit
« on: March 31, 2012, 12:02:45 AM »
Hey I just got a new used exposure unit an Atlas 5 way and I,m redoing everything new blanket ,bulbs etc where can I find the Gasket that fits to the glass for vacuum, the one on there now might pull off in one pc, but I don't think its goin back on and stick, so would like to replace it while I,m at have it.

Darryl
Ps went to atlas supply didn't see anything
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Gasket for exposure unit
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 12:11:02 AM »
bump

Offline Northland

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2012, 02:18:03 PM »
Hey Darryl... this is what I put on the glass surface:
http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-25ecodZ5yc1v/R-100166568/h_d2/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&keyword=weatherstrip&storeId=10051

And this is what I put on the lid (that mates to the glass):
http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-25ecodZ5yc1v/R-100355591/h_d2/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&keyword=weatherstrip&storeId=10051

I've used the foam on both surfaces... but it drys out and needs replacement every year.

Good luck !

Offline ScreenFoo

• Gonzo Member
  • Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2012, 04:38:30 PM »
We used that exact product for about a year, and it works OK--Switched to another home depot item--MD high density foam tape.  Seems like it seals a little better because it's thicker--and just one strip on the glass.  1/2 x 3/4.  Unfortunately, it's ten feet lengths as well, so you need two, and have two seams to deal with.  As long as the blankets holding up, I don't have any prob pulling 15" Hg...

McMaster Carr carries proper closed cell neoprene and pvc tapes, if you deal with those guys, you can get a 25 foot roll of whatever cross section you need.  That's what will be going on the old 5-way, next year or so when it gets a new blanket and such...

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2012, 08:35:46 PM »
@ North I saw those two products today at Homdepot, but passed on both...I,m going to try and save the old gasket if possible or I,m going to call Atlas Monday and see what they can do...if not I will call AWT-GPI thats where I got my last gasket for my Prolight 1 unit.  Hey thanks guys

Darryl