Author Topic: Odyssey 4/4 for Sale  (Read 4733 times)

Offline gvmco

Odyssey 4/4 for Sale
« on: April 11, 2012, 10:42:23 AM »
Odyssey 4/4 printing press for sale.  I purchased this machine in early 2000 for our screen printing shop.  It has light use for it's age.  We print most jobs on our Javelin and only used this press for small jobs.  All heads work and there are no missing parts.  It does have micro registration to aid with alignment of jobs.  It has numerous platens.  It is a great starter press.  The new list price is $ 2695.

I recently replaced this press with an M&R 6/6 because we needed more color capabilities. It is extremely clean as shown in the pictures.  It is ready to go.  No cleaning is needed.

304-686-3312 ask for Ed
gvmc@frontiernet.net
Price $ 1300.00

Offline Gabe

• If it`s not alive, I can print it.
Re: Odyssey 4/4 for Sale
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 02:59:11 PM »
looks like a nice entry level press
my question is can you upgrade the back clamps for side clamps? if so what size screen can it hold

Offline Shawn (EIP)

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 03:03:48 PM »
looks like a nice entry level press
my question is can you upgrade the back clamps for side clamps? if so what size screen can it hold

You can upgrade any press to side clamps with Vastex clampable side clamps. I like them better than the WH ones that I have. You may need some bungy cords to hold up newman frames though. 150.00 per head , WH are 200 per head and I dont think you can upgrade the entry level press with Mach IV side clamps.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 03:05:51 PM by endless ink printing »

Offline Gabe

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 03:09:46 PM »
don`t mean to break the threat
YO @ SHAWN can you post some pics of the WH side clamps vs. vastex
THANKS
Gabe

Offline Shawn (EIP)

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2012, 03:24:25 PM »

The Vastex ones have 1 turning knob in the rear and way quicker than the WH 2 turning knobs in the rear (insert joke here) that shift some when tightening down. The vastex clamps are longer than the WH clamps which, Vastex has some even longer.  Whats nice about the clampable Vastex side clamps is that I can still use my rear clamps when needed in a matter of seconds.

Really though all you need some some square 1.5 x 1.5 metal stock and just order the clamps, this way you can make them as wide as you want. I have a few really wide screens.

As seen in the WH side clamp pic , you can use a bungie cord as a squeegie rest which is awesome so you don't have to reach as far back (nice for long runs) saves time.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 03:36:00 PM by endless ink printing »

Offline Gabe

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2012, 03:53:42 PM »
i have to admit. i`m blown out of the water
those vastex side clamps are holding those newman rollers screens
those can come handy when doing name drops
tell me how does your registration change when you convert to the vastex side clamps?
nice press Shawn
thank you
Gabe

Offline Shawn (EIP)

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2012, 04:03:55 PM »
Regi is the same. Regi with side clamps vrs rear clamps is tighter, less side to side shifting or bumping the screen out of regi just all around more secure.

I'm not even a Vastex fan but I love these side clamps and if I should ever buy another press I can transfer them to the next press.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 04:06:09 PM by endless ink printing »

Offline Gabe

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2012, 04:11:12 PM »
awesome at a 150 bucks per head that ROCKS dude
who needs air locks side clamps LOL

Offline Shawn (EIP)

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2012, 04:13:00 PM »
awesome at a 150 bucks per head that ROCKS dude
who needs air locks side clamps LOL

who needs pinched fingers or a thumb (Homer)  ;D

Offline Gabe

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2012, 04:16:44 PM »
OUCHY Alan  ;D

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2012, 04:26:09 PM »
bumping the screen out of regi just all around more secure.

Shawn,

You (other WH owners) need to add some grip tape to the bottom of your Work Horse back clamps. I make my clamps really tight but depending on how smooth the screens are they will move a little if your swinging the screens around hard. I put some grip tape (got it at Wal-Mart in the RV area its used for steps on RVs) it works great. I don't have to tighten the screens nearly as hard. Another thing you’re going to want to do is remove your wood pallets and put them back on with some epoxy on the smooth top part of the clamp and then put some epoxy on the screws and screw them back in. I did this about a year ago. Many times when you have a shirt that goes out of registration it’s the board that is loose not the screen (on the work horse press). I have perfect registration with mine now (even though I only use it 2 or 3 times a week now) and I even use auto screens on it with just the back clamps.

Offline Gabe

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2012, 04:36:58 PM »
it doesn`t make sense WH makes nice manual press but lousy wood pallets
what`s up with that
also the center bearing on the press above
you have to pick it up in the air in order to grease it
whazz up

Offline Shawn (EIP)

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2012, 04:48:10 PM »

Shawn,

You (other WH owners) need to add some grip tape to the bottom of your Work Horse back clamps. I make my clamps really tight but depending on how smooth the screens are they will move a little if your swinging the screens around hard. I put some grip tape (got it at Wal-Mart in the RV area its used for steps on RVs) it works great. I don't have to tighten the screens nearly as hard. Another thing you’re going to want to do is remove your wood pallets and put them back on with some epoxy on the smooth top part of the clamp and then put some epoxy on the screws and screw them back in. I did this about a year ago. Many times when you have a shirt that goes out of registration it’s the board that is loose not the screen (on the work horse press). I have perfect registration with mine now (even though I only use it 2 or 3 times a week now) and I even use auto screens on it with just the back clamps.

I no longer have that issue since I went side clamps. That's a great tip for anyone using wood plattens. Still trying to justify dropping a grand on 6 from Action, a grand is a ton of DIY cut plattens out of MDF.

Offline Shawn (EIP)

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2012, 04:51:15 PM »
it doesn`t make sense WH makes nice manual press but lousy wood pallets
what`s up with that
also the center bearing on the press above
you have to pick it up in the air in order to grease it
whazz up

My press is a refurb it looks new but its really 15 years old and still turns as smooth as a baby's bottom. I'm sure the wood plattens is to help keep the cost down.

Offline Gabe

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2012, 05:01:40 PM »

Shawn,

I no longer have that issue since I went side clamps. That's a great tip for anyone using wood plattens. Still trying to justify dropping a grand on 6 from Action, a grand is a ton of DIY cut plattens out of MDF.
I got an idea it`s a conspiracy man
they make a nice press with shitty wooden pallets
if you want aluminum call the other company, get it
it`s a conspiracy to get more money out of industry
just my thought