Author Topic: oil painting again  (Read 1983 times)

Offline bj

• !!!
oil painting again
« on: April 11, 2012, 08:24:38 PM »
Started getting back into painting again.  I used to sell a ton of blades so thought it would be a good thing to jump back into.

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication DUH
Re: oil painting again
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 09:10:08 PM »
very nice
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com

Offline mjrprint

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2012, 08:12:29 AM »
Great work!

Offline Command-Z

• !!!
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2012, 11:02:49 AM »
Very nice.

How much do these go for?
Design, Illustration and Color Separation for the Imprinted Apparel Industry for over 20 years. SeibelStudio.com
 Custom art not in the budget? Check out Bad Bonz Designs

Offline stitches4815

• !!!
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2012, 11:07:59 AM »
Nice work Barb.  I wish I was talented like that.  I screw up paint by number paintings.

Offline bj

• !!!
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2012, 11:14:22 AM »
The smaller blades I would sell for $125 and the medium size like this one that I just did about $155.
I used to do single hand saws which would have usually a full wildlife scene would sell for $250 and I did a huge ice fishing saw once that I sold for $350. 

Online mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2012, 03:37:10 PM »
how long does it take to do a blade?

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2012, 05:00:16 PM »
The smaller blades I would sell for $125 and the medium size like this one that I just did about $155.
I used to do single hand saws which would have usually a full wildlife scene would sell for $250 and I did a huge ice fishing saw once that I sold for $350.

that looks like a scene at a the foothills of Mt Rainier. Is that right? I definitely captures it!

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline bj

• !!!
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2012, 05:08:07 PM »
Usually it takes me a couple of hours for the smaller circle saws but for the straight saws usually about 4-5 hours.  The straight saws I usually do in two sittings because I wait a day for the oil to dry and then add animals to the landscape.  It helps the animals pop out a bit more and that way highlights are brighter without getting muddy.
As far as the landscape I posted I just had in mind the mountain line that I see across the sound.  The mountain line around here are just amazing this time of year.  There is enough snow yet that on a sunny day it feels like you can almost touch them they look so close and magnificent.