Author Topic: Dri Fit material  (Read 2468 times)

Offline RMULLIKIN

Dri Fit material
« on: April 20, 2012, 02:13:51 PM »
Any ideas on how to keep Dri Fit material from Nike and UA from fading out when using a heat press?  We've lowered temp, pressure, etc - even tried running them through the dryer first too but still get the fading.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Dri Fit material
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 02:17:42 PM »
are they fading, or flattening from the heat and pressure? We had a similar issue earlier this year, and simply couldn't apply anything without leaving a press mark. We sent a sample to the customer with the explanation of the issue, and they accepted them. I wish I had a better answer for you.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline RMULLIKIN

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 02:23:28 PM »
definately fading - we've had good luck getting the press mark out on the more "poly" feeling materials - it seems to only happen with the UA Tech Tees and the Nike Dri Fit that has the cotton feel - thanks though!

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 03:42:08 PM »
I haven't used the Nike shirts you mentioned, have done some Under Armor, but have never noticed a fading. Usually, certain colors darken temporarily with heat, not fade.

Do they do the same thing in a conveyor dryer? Also, do you have some specific products that faded while others didn't?

I looked into this a bit with Nike, and got very little direct help, but do see that their recommendations for screen printing are on their website:

Can I screen print on Dri-FIT fabric?
Yes, you can screen print on Dri-FIT fabrics. However, in order not to diminish the performance you must:
Use water based inks whenever possible
Print only small areas and fine lines with lots of open space so that there are no large areas of coverage. The ink blocks the moisture absorption and breathability of the fabric, reducing the effectiveness of Dri-FIT garment(s).

That. and their instructions for ironing with a cool iron are the closest I could come to any decoration tips.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?