Author Topic: Do you label your shirts wash before wear?  (Read 1168 times)

Offline jasonl

• !!!
Do you label your shirts wash before wear?
« on: April 28, 2012, 08:55:11 PM »
Was wondering what everyone else does?  If you print discharge and waterbase do you tell your customers they must wash before they wear?  I know my discharge prints do not feel like a true waterbase until they are washed.  I assume everyone elses are the same.  We print alot of events and the customers pickup the shirts the day before and give them out at the event and they wear them immediately.  Not real sure how to handle this.  We print our shop shirts with discharge, but I wash all of them before I give them away.  Whats standard?
"We Make Blank Shirts Look Awesome!"

Offline Shawn (EIP)

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Do you label your shirts wash before wear?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 10:41:19 PM »
Was wondering what everyone else does?  If you print discharge and waterbase do you tell your customers they must wash before they wear?  I know my discharge prints do not feel like a true waterbase until they are washed.  I assume everyone elses are the same.  We print alot of events and the customers pickup the shirts the day before and give them out at the event and they wear them immediately.  Not real sure how to handle this.  We print our shop shirts with discharge, but I wash all of them before I give them away.  Whats standard?

You would think discharge could leave a nasty rash if not washed first.

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
Re: Do you label your shirts wash before wear?
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 10:57:58 PM »
Some people are allergic to the leftover sulfur (from the Zinc Formaldehyde Sulfoxylate).  That is why it's recomended to wash before wearing.

That and it makes the print softer  :P
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.