Author Topic: sim process discharge & plastisol  (Read 2454 times)

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
sim process discharge & plastisol
« on: April 29, 2012, 11:01:58 PM »
I just ran these the other day, I was talking with Wayne so I thought I would post it up . This is a discharge base, with 5 color plastisol on top -no flash-  on my '94 gauntlet. all rollers, 50 LPI, 230 base 305 top colors. Courday did the seps. It was a small order of 100 shirts so we decided to give it a try, this was our first attempt at discharge with plastisol. I'm happy, I thought for sure we were heading down in a ball of fire. . .I want to say it was almost easier than plastisol, seeing there wasn't a flash or cool down. So my little 6 color machine has a lot of life in it yet! the pic is off my phone, the foam at the top was stellar, looks a bit grainy, but you get the idea.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Re: sim process discharge & plastisol
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 07:53:21 AM »
Looks very good. Can't complain about anything.

What were the colors used?  I'd of done this,
the mesh and Lpi were a good choice.

1, Base white,
2, Yellow,
3, Brown
4, Green
5, Top white
6, Black

If it stays on black, we could have not used that. I'd of also not used the Coudry guy. He's pretty new at this stuff. ;
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 08:28:15 AM »
Real nice. And yes it can be easier actually.

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 09:00:34 AM »
D.R.I.   as in    Dirty Rotten Imbeciles   
D.R.I. - Beneath The Wheel

BTW, the print looks great :)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2012, 12:01:41 PM »
Nice Homer!!!! what discharge? plastisol discharge or the other stuff.  I,ve only worked with the plastisol discharge and still trying to fine out which color shirt it works best on and red right now is not one of them.
  Someone is going to have to let me in on the 305,s I have a hard time getting ink thru them...are you guys modifiying the inks or right out the can?

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2012, 12:29:27 PM »
Nice job. Looks pretty nice.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2012, 09:40:46 PM »
thanks guys, I was excited because we almost never get to do sim process work, typical spot boring stuff. You guys know how it is, the picture isn't really as clean as the print, it looks kinda blurry. It's nothing fancy -but it's a step in the right direction for us. I had more trouble taking the flash unit out of head 2 so tomorrow I am ordering a quartz flash on a stand so I can pull it out easier. Dan, this was like you listed, except there was a gray screen in there right after the base. I decided to print the gray and skip the black, only because I had 6 heads to work with. I really am leaning towards that 10 color just to sneak in those extra colors. I think adding that black really cleans it up.

D this was Sericol and base, 20% white, 80% base, Triangle Triflex inks on top, nothing special. . it worked really well, I would love to try it on hoodies. The inks are already on the thin side so they went right through the 305's no problem. Dan -I know you are super busy, so is Fluid - so I had to try out this rookie haha. . man I hope he doesn't read this. . . .any idiot can print, it's the seps that are make it or break it.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2012, 09:54:37 PM »
Best wishes to you. Don't take me serious or be concerned about sending work to wherever or whoever. You do what you gotta do. We all do. I send my printing to wherever it fits best. Most times It's Pierre, but other times it goes to where ever is the best printer for the type work I need at the moment.  Besides, being busy for a separator is like it is for a printer. Some weeks your slammed and others your wondering if it will pick up.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline PixelPimp

• Verified/Junior
  • putting pixels to work since 1984
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2012, 04:07:44 PM »
nice! i really like the detail in the glass of beer