Author Topic: permanent block out  (Read 1203 times)

Offline Ron Pierson

permanent block out
« on: May 10, 2012, 06:43:14 PM »
I hope I'm posting in the right place....

Is anyone using Permanent block out instead of blockout tape in their shop? I've heard that there is a caulking (??) solution to use in the space between the screen mesh and the frame on the squeege side of the frame to keep the ink removal solution and the de-haze from interacting with the screen glue. Oh - forgot to mention - this is for square aluminum stretch and glue auto (23 X 31) frames. Thanks in advance for your response

Ron P.

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: permanent block out
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 06:51:59 PM »
The use of permanent block out has come up before,  http://www.theshirtboard.com/index.php/topic,835.msg7256.html#msg7256

but what caught my attention on this post was your reason; chemicals weakening your glue.
I remember once when perusing CCI's extensive line of cleaners, some were specifically described as glue-safe, while others weren't.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Ron Pierson

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 07:09:30 PM »
Thanks frog - I just found it. I should have looked before reposting the same subject. We use CCI exclusively. Their CG-4 is agressive on screen glue. We have auto ink removers (a big dishwasher for screens - 4 at a time) with CG-4 in use. The machine does 4 screens in 2 minutes. It can de-grade glue if you leave the screens in too long to "drip dry" in the sprayer "fog". I'm going to persue this permanent block out to see how it works. Thanks for the response

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 07:26:11 PM »
but also check with CCI for their recommendations on safer cleaners
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 08:12:39 PM »
Obviously we are on statics.  I assume this starts off with places where the screen starts to sneak off the frame.  Usually still quite a few more uses before it would give up completely.  I used to have the same issues. 

I would just get a tube of the screen frame glue and the spray activator and give the ones starting to get a loose spot or two a shot of both to re-glue.

I'm thinking that might be less time consuming and possibly less messier than using a caulk seal, but just my 2c.
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers