Author Topic: registration device that mounts on the Z bar?  (Read 6819 times)

Offline ScreenFoo

• Gonzo Member
  • Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
Re: registration device that mounts on the Z bar?
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2012, 08:55:43 PM »
I might be off on where you're at here, but I doubt you'll have a problem getting it up and running again, especially with your description of your brother.

When I helped move a similar machine many years back, we didn't get fancy trying to get it nuts on with a jig, but we were up and running on one colors in just over a day.
Measured between the ends of the arms where the channel locks--tech said I had it within a couple hundredths of an inch--with a tape measure.   In retrospect, I should have bought the $500 jig.  :)

There's no way getting a tech out to double check your work wouldn't be worth the time and $$ though, especially if you can piggyback on travel.  Even if you get reg nuts on, who knows what other headaches they might save you...

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2012, 10:35:14 PM »
yeah, I'm waiting to hear back from a few people in the loop about that tech swinging by my shop. That would make me feel more comfortable doing it. I'm not sure if M&R would frown upon it since it's not my service call, I really don't know. The only problem with my brother is he is so friggen anal, no such thing as close enough, drives me nuts sometimes. just put the friggen screw in the board, why does it have to line up  to the others?! It's how all the mechanical engineers are haha, hell he has a spread sheet for his grocery shopping.  I just look at pictures and grab colorful packages haha. . .

having this knowledge would just be another advantage for us I guess. .I know we can do it, we are waiting on a few things before we tackle this project. I may call on a few of you guys if you have time. thanks.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2012, 11:46:41 PM »
Homer contact me and I will see if we can schedule the tech coming in the area to assist. Rich.hoffman@mrprint.com.
Rich Hoffman

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2012, 10:14:31 PM »
e-mail sent. Hopefully we can atleast set this machine up and have the tech look it over, sure would make me feel better about it. thanks guys for the help.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
Re: Re: registration device that mounts on the Z bar?
« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2012, 09:32:57 AM »
Homer, word on the street is that you can easily move an entire 90s gauntlet without resetting reg.

for the record, I don't feel the z bar is z-like enough to justify the moniker
We designed it at Z bar over a few drinks hence the name! that was my younger days of course!

alright, I'm satisfied, thats enough 'Z' for me.

Sent from my intelligent phone-a-majigger.

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2012, 10:55:48 AM »
UPDATE. . .I just have to say a huge thank you to the BEST group of people I have worked with @ M&R, specifically Mr. Rich Hoffman, Nereo Denosta-  the super tech and Jose Marrero at the plant in Illy. We were in a pretty tough spot with the machine going down like it did and man, these guys knew exactly what to do. Top notch service, we were back up and running in no time at all. That type of service and assistance is priceless. thank you guys very much.

we wanted to attempt this reg by ourselves and I am glad we didn't! Nereo had to reg this thing about 3-4 times to make sure it was dialed in right. We would have gone down in flames!

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2012, 10:45:57 PM »
That's good to hear man, I was hoping for the best for y'all if doing it on your own.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.