Author Topic: V squeegee winged flood?  (Read 1275 times)

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
V squeegee winged flood?
« on: May 15, 2012, 11:29:48 AM »
Anyone figure out how to better contain the ink in the screen using the V squeegee?

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: V squeegee winged flood?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012, 01:03:08 PM »
You have to put a lot in there. We used to put so much in the screen it would come over the top of the screen. It sucking stopping all the time to spread ink. Got to love the V squeegee... ;D
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2012, 01:04:57 PM »
With plastisol its not to bad but waterbase I have to stop every 50 shirts or so which blows.

Offline sportsshoppe

• !!!
  • A way of life.
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012, 01:06:55 PM »
process and simulated not bad but when we run large runs of spot colors the only way we found is to take a break and walk around the press and re-distrubute the ink. Heck I need to walk more anyway lol

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2012, 01:48:00 PM »
With plastisol its not to bad but waterbase I have to stop every 50 shirts or so which blows.

When we had our Jav I just blew off waterbase for that reason.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline Action1

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2012, 01:49:28 PM »
The pivoting action required by he -Squeegee operation has hindered the development of any solutions. That is - the wings will slice through the mesh before the flood bar is in position. If you cut away the wings to make the rotation - you get a gap under the wings of around 3/8".  I have heard some discussion regarding the development of a retrofit kit for that machine to have chopper assemblies and a standard M&R Style Squeegee & Flood bar. If you did the retrofit - you can use many different types of specialty squeegees and flood bars.

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2012, 01:52:58 PM »
The pivoting action required by he -Squeegee operation has hindered the development of any solutions. That is - the wings will slice through the mesh before the flood bar is in position. If you cut away the wings to make the rotation - you get a gap under the wings of around 3/8".  I have heard some discussion regarding the development of a retrofit kit for that machine to have chopper assemblies and a standard M&R Style Squeegee & Flood bar. If you did the retrofit - you can use many different types of specialty squeegees and flood bars.
That retrofit would be nice! I would imagine it might be cheaper than replacing the whole press but then again I dont really dont see how they could accomplish that with the 'floating head' of my javelin but hey I am not an engineer.

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2012, 02:10:43 PM »
That retrofit sounds interesting.  I don't know if it would be worth it since I haven't spent more than a day printing with the V squeegee system (damn that was a long, ass whipping of a day) but long term it certainly might be very beneficial.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.