Author Topic: womens tank top image placement  (Read 3549 times)

Offline jason-23

• FONTNINJA
womens tank top image placement
« on: May 15, 2012, 04:33:18 PM »
quick question, how far from the collar do you print a six inch tall image on the front  of female district thread tank tops? if i put it at the standard height then the image would be below most ti....breasts

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: womens tank top image placement
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012, 04:54:01 PM »
We usually go about 1/2-3/4 of an inch from the seam. Since so many of the scoops have varying lengths it works out ok for us.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2012, 05:08:15 PM »
The first thing I do with any scoop or V or deep neck like a tank is place the shirt over a shirt with a standard collar and check out the difference, often about three or so inches with a tank.
Then, if the print will fit using only that 3" compensation I go for it. Sometimes, if I run out of real estate at the top, I have to just fake the position to as close to the collar as I can comfortably go.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Online mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012, 05:13:58 PM »
Frog, $10 says you try the shirt on first.  Place it over another shirt, yeah right.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2012, 05:21:35 PM »
Whenever I have a shirt with a non standard collar opening, I place it over a standard shirt , flat, on my folding table.
I then easily feel the standard collar below, and measure, either with my fingers or a ruler.

Had to do the same thing the other direction with mock turtlenecks.

When there is doubt, I have also been known to cut out a paper print, have my wife try on a ladies shirt in front of the miror, and tape the paper where it looks good.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline jason-23

• FONTNINJA
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2012, 05:26:32 PM »
Thanks! That is pretty much what I did but I just held it up against me in my shirt. And NO I didnt try it on, there was no way my bug ass was getting into a small women tank. Besides I don't have honkers...;) well man boobs but they don't count.