Author Topic: How would you print this  (Read 998 times)

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication DUH
How would you print this
« on: May 28, 2012, 03:32:52 PM »
How would you print this?? Anyone want to separate it for me :) Having issue with the splash.
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
Re: How would you print this
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2012, 04:07:11 PM »
Sepd using Simple Seps so not sure how it will turn out. 50 LPI

Offline Gabe

• If it`s not alive, I can print it.
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2012, 04:37:38 PM »
i used find and replace macro

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2012, 12:52:34 AM »
3 screens.  Base white, highlite white, and black.

45lpi makes it easy peasy for screen mesh selection and printing.

You can even print the base white first then black wet on wet to make the fade even smoother, flash then highlite white.

Good Luck
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline Parker 1

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2012, 09:53:21 AM »
1.Base white (230 mesh)
-Flash
2.Black (230 or 280 mesh)
3.H.L. White (230 or 280 mesh)

At 55 lpi

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2012, 10:37:30 AM »
all of the above should work fine. lpi will depend on what you can hold or print. I would print white after black just so you are not stepping on the white and driving it further into the shirt. If it is a small order, you could even use only one white screen, but will have to compensate for dot gain and reduce the halftones in the  splash part by about 50%. This way when you print the white two times and it spreads it will end up looking they way you want it rather than having everything fill in. The are around the number would probably have to be in the 10% range.
Something else to think about is the smallest dot you can hold. Figure out what it is and set the center of the drops (where it goes to 0) to that amount. This way you will not have a sharp line where your halftone dots start kicking in.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!