Poll

I do need the RGB file, either layered or flat to print photoshop seps to film using...

AcuRip
FilmMaker
Fast-Rip
T-Rip

Author Topic: POLL - Do you need an RGB file in order to print photoshop sepsto film?  (Read 1535 times)

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Let me know if I'm missing any RIPS so I can include those in the options.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
I dont need it, but I like to have it incase I need to pull something out if something was missed in the orignal sep.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline balloonguy

• !!!
Let me know if I'm missing any RIPS so I can include those in the options.
I use Harlequin. It came with the oyo. I always sep out of AI. PS does not play nicely.
Matt
When you dig grave will you make it shallow so that I can feel the rain?

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
AccuRIP doesn't care if it's RGB or not, since it doesn't do the separating, just the printing after the separation. I save as DCS, then to Illy. QuikSeps and UltraSeps wants an RGB file though...

Steve

BalloonGuy, PS just needs it's buttons pushed just right, at just the right time, then, oh baby, oh baby, oh baby...
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Shawn (EIP)

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
I manualy sep so it doesnt matter what it is. even if it's a flattened JPG or PNG

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: endless Inks post. 

I don't think it matters how you got the sep. some rips seem to require you using or keeping the RGB in the file before it can print.  I am trying to see what Rip requires this the most and why.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Donnie

• !!!
I have used fastrip and now Film Maker and both require RGB. 

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
That's curious. Why does the RIP need an RGB image when it's not separating anything? A raster image processor converts a gray scale image to halftone dots to print on the film. We don't send an RGB image to print unless it's a color proof, and then a RIP, none of the listed ones but the ones in the printer, will convert it to cmyk so it can be printed with the cmyk inks in the printer. What am I missing? Or misunderstanding? I'll bet this gets good.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
I agree Steve. I am thinking that the reason some need a different setup might be due to not printing from the rip in an accurate or originally intended manor. People find a way. So they make due with what they find to work even if it's not 100%.  This is just an idea. No proof yet, but I'd like to help them all make use of the total features of any RIP. I think by doing work arounds, it might be lacking in its full apabilities. Again, just a thought.

Thanks
Dan