Author Topic: Sure hope going from electric to gas is worth it!  (Read 965 times)

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
Sure hope going from electric to gas is worth it!
« on: May 30, 2012, 06:29:59 PM »
I am waiting on the guy bringing the mini sprint dryer to call me.  He should arrive at about 8:00 tonight.  We are going to just spot the dryer this evening and finish up the rest of the install tomorrow, exhaust vent, electric and gas hook up.  This has really been more of a task than what I expected, so I hope it pays off.  I'm going from a fusion 6 ft chamber to and 8 ft chamber on the mini sprint.  I'll probably add an expansion chamber some where down the road.
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline Get Shirts

Sure hope going from electric to gas is worth it!
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2012, 06:35:40 PM »
Oh it will be.  Not really speaking from experience, just faith and research.  We're waiting on our Sprint 2000 to arrive (in July), upgrade from an 8ft Fushion.

Online ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Sure hope going from electric to gas is worth it!
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2012, 06:41:31 PM »
Going to gas is like going to an auto. Seriously.

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2012, 06:44:11 PM »
I don't know if you read any of my posts about going from an older electric/gas combo dryer to an all gas Sprint International, but we are averaging a monthly savings of around $650.  I can do some more number crunching and get you a more accurate number but I'm confident in the $650 and I'm thinking it's probably closer to $700.  We went from a 48" belt, 10' heat chamber to a 60" belt and 12' heat chamber.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2012, 06:49:18 PM »
Hearing you guys, makes the headache and the extra money I'm spending a lot more tolerable.  Thanks for relieving the headache.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2012, 11:01:22 PM »
What are the prices on plumbed in gas vs tank gas.  I don't have gas run to the shop (then again, maybe I should check... I didn't think I had 3 phase but sure enough, I did).

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2012, 11:07:23 PM »
also, make sure you have enough water column on the gas.  My dryer needed 6 and I have 7, just enough, yay me.

You might have to upgrade your meter, but the gas company handles that.

Offline Tagless Threads

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2012, 02:09:12 AM »
Its a pain in the arse to get the gas hooked up due to all the permits but it's well worth the switch.
Screen Printing - Tagless Threads
twitter - facebook - flickr

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2012, 12:07:47 PM »
Oh it will be.  Not really speaking from experience, just faith and research.  We're waiting on our Sprint 2000 to arrive (in July), upgrade from an 8ft Fushion.

You're going to love your dryer when you get it.  I've only printed with the mini sprint 1 full day and I'm hooked.  There is nothing like setting your temp closer to what the ink cures at instead of setting it extremely high and determining a belt speed that will cure the ink but not scorch the shirt with an infrared.