Author Topic: M&R RADICURE D question about speed  (Read 1947 times)

Offline nuunlv

• nuun.lv
M&R RADICURE D question about speed
« on: June 06, 2012, 10:50:27 AM »
Hello.

We have M&R RADICURE D belt dryer. My question is - what is the best belt speed for plastisol inks if temperature is set to 380.

We have Kornit DTG and speed is stet to 3.2 for white shirts and 1.6 for color and i dry plastisol with those speeds, but im wondering if its right for plastisol.

thank you :)

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
Re: M&R RADICURE D question about speed
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 11:05:57 AM »
I do not think that two of the same dryers will have the same settings unless they are in the same room and have all other setting set the same way (like panel heights from the belt, temperature, height of the opening, room humidity, room temperature, fan speeds (If there are fans)) Also, every shirt (Black, White, Red, Blue) will need different setting even if the shirts are the same weight.

So in short, if I have the same dryer as you, and I have my speed at 3, that does not mean that you will need to have it at 3 to get the same result.
You have to try different settings, record them in the little notebook and have them for all different shirts you use and all different colors.

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012, 11:16:59 AM »
I'd go further. There are potentiometers in the machines that are likely not set identically. I'm gueesing more than that, too
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline madrad69

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2012, 07:38:53 PM »
Hi I'm known as Siegy, and I've been a service tech for over 19 years (trained by M&R)  the best way to make sure you are curing your ink, buy a temp. gun at your local auto parts store and shoot it at a shirt halfway down the heat tunnel and look for 325 degrees F,  than you'll have the right speed setting.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2012, 08:07:28 PM »
Hi I'm known as Siegy, and I've been a service tech for over 19 years (trained by M&R)  the best way to make sure you are curing your ink, buy a temp. gun at your local auto parts store and shoot it at a shirt halfway down the heat tunnel and look for 325 degrees F,  than you'll have the right speed setting.

I agree. I was going going to say the same thing but in addition, I think it's also important to point out that it must stay at that temperature for a few seconds and not just one quick spot of 325. Some dryers have hotter or cooler spots than others so you can potentially not stay at that temp long enough. Just being at 325 is part of it. Being at 325 for the curing all the way through is where it's at. Temp guns are a good source. I'd also say that the donuts that set on the shirt are more precise and travel down the dryer with the shirt...and can also tell you where your hotter and cooler location are. I found a curing problem once by testing our temperatures during my first week on the job. I was told we kept getting complaints of ink washing out every now and then. while we were running a few thousand shirts, the dryer said 330 degrees on the side. When tested using a donut, it was a mere 300 most of the way though. What it says on the outside of the dryer can't be used as an accurate gauge.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850