Author Topic: Any ideas on spicing this up (simply/cheaply) or just roll with it as spec'd?  (Read 1356 times)

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
This is kind of a contract gig as in I didn't sell it... but the guy doesn't want any money from it.

He does my father-in-law's map printing (large format stuff) and is will to print some corolplast for us for CHEAP if we need it (sticker vinyl put on coroplast).

Anyway, he ask for a quote, and I asked my father-in-law if he was looking to make money on it because I would cut him a deal.  He said "no, he would give them whatever price I gave them".

So, that being said... they agreed and want to do the job.  Then I get the art work.

It's VERY boring.  White shirt, black ink.  Is there anything I could do to jazz it up without increasing the cost or maybe an easy upsale (but I'm not sure I want to do all that being that the chain of communication is Me > Father-in-law > His buddy > Customer.  But if I had something to present art wise that would just be better and only need approval then I wouldn't mind passing that along.

OR, should I just shut up and print it and take the easy money?

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Oof.

You could just change fonts and re-arrange. Ballpark Weiner (a font) is very
politicianesque.

Keep in mind, this may already be their dream art.

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
Print and collect. Or should it be collect and print!

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication DUH
Make the O a baseball if he was a baseball coach, add a whistle on a lanyard around one of the letters or a ball cap or helmet on one of them 
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com

Offline ScreenPrinter123

Don't forget the handcuffs and the prison bars.  Clearly, these other cats don't live in Luziana.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
True-dat!

Offline StuJohnston

I don't know about tarting it up so much, but at least keep the black box away from the black text. There's a whole lot wrong with that, but really the message is clear enough that the design doesn't really need to be super clever to get the message across. The different sizing of the names of the politician really bug me though.

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication DUH
Define spicing it up vs tarting it up

Sent  from samsung gem(the worst smart phone ever)
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Define spicing it up vs tarting it up

Sent  from samsung gem(the worst smart phone ever)

Spicing up.

Tarting up.

Yup. Kind of the same thing.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline StuJohnston

I pretty much just mean adding to it. I suppose it was a sort of strange choice of words. This forum needs a shoulder shrug emoticon.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
HA1  No worries.  Some of us can't resist running with things.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850