Author Topic: Workhorse and Anatol  (Read 4312 times)

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Workhorse and Anatol
« on: June 13, 2012, 01:53:08 PM »
So now I'm up to eight ruptured air lines on the Stratus and Monday the air regulator on the Falcon. As I'm typing this I'm on hold with the Wkhse service dept waiting for someone to pickup because..........they sent the wrong part.
Can't wait till next month!

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
Re: Workhorse and Anatol
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 02:03:56 PM »
You don't like playing part-time press technician along with all your other duties?  We aren't having press issues but it seems like all of our little ancillary tools and equipment is nearing the end of it's useful lifespan.  Our little air compressor for the roller master and manual press crapped out and caught on fire the other day, dehumidifier stopped working so I had to buy another one after spending an hour trying to fix the old one.  Then one of the 42" fans stopped working so I'm in the middle of tearing it apart to see what the hell happened to it.  And apparently our screen technician quit or is missing, don't have a clue yet.  I've got 60 screens to coat and 30 to reclaim, and all these things breaking down around me. 

You still holding out on telling us what's about to happen?
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 02:24:44 PM »
Patience young Jedi......soon all will be revealed. So Workhorse says this is the only regulator they stock even though the SMC #s don't match. So now I have to research parts  locally or online it seems. But they are looking into it.

Offline Zelko-4-EVA

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 02:49:36 PM »
So now I'm up to eight ruptured air lines on the Stratus and Monday the air regulator on the Falcon. As I'm typing this I'm on hold with the Wkhse service dept waiting for someone to pickup because..........they sent the wrong part.
Can't wait till next month!

you are "lucky" with just ruptured air lines and an air regulator

last month our main air compressor died.  The bearing on the belt tension pulley seized and caused the pulley to drop onto the motor pulley and motor fan.  it broke two of the three belts and dented the other pulley and the blades to the motor fan. 

the compressor tech came in and we got a quote of $3000 to fix (parts and labor).  being that the compressor was from 1997 and the damage could have extended to the compressor screw element (another $3000-$4000) the owner decided to buy a new compressor. 

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 02:58:25 PM »
That's harsh Duane good thing you weren't working on it when it happened although I know you have a lockout/tagout system in place. Replacing the compressor was the way to go. Oh BTW I called Wkhse back (tired of being on hold) and got a different person and lo and behold they did have the right part after all.
Who knew?

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2012, 04:08:52 PM »
And I thought my week was rough...watch out for them compressor fires boys. 

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2012, 03:47:20 PM »
Tony, do you have a new press on it's way soon? Whatchya gettin?

Mike
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2012, 04:49:18 PM »
No new press on the horizon sorry to say. Spending Saturday re-fitting all the hoses on at least 4 heads on the Stratus......no I won't be using Anatols hoses! Probably an all day task!

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2012, 06:31:29 PM »
In due time right! Well I can't say have fun with the hoses, but I''m sure it will be appreciated after they are all changed out and things are running smooth again!
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline spotcolorsupply

• !!!
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2012, 07:08:48 PM »
No new press on the horizon sorry to say. Spending Saturday re-fitting all the hoses on at least 4 heads on the Stratus......no I won't be using Anatols hoses! Probably an all day task!

There is a guy in GA with a similar vintage press, with the same problem... 1/8" hoses crack and rupture..? Seems they have become brittle over about 4-5 years. Good news is it only took me about 2.5 hours to replace all chopper cylinder hoses on a 6 color press.

I would assume Anatol got a bad batch, because I know of 10 year old machines without this problem ever occurring...

If it is a Saturday, maybe with a 6-12 pack it may take longer, but will be much more fun..!!

Just don’t mix the hoses up... ;)
Brannon Mullins Spot Color Supply
www.spotcolorsupply.com     sales@spotcolorsupply.com.
We Sell Workhorse Products,Along With Used Equipment, and Printing Supplies!!

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2012, 07:06:46 AM »
Thanks Brannon we'll leave out the beer in order to not mix up the connections! Maybe after though.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2012, 08:03:35 AM »
i had a friend that worked at the Chevy plant that used to be here.  They mixed up the hoses on the power steering system.  When you turned the wheel one way, they went the other.

Offline Zelko-4-EVA

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2012, 08:27:41 AM »
i had a friend that worked at the Chevy plant that used to be here.  They mixed up the hoses on the power steering system.  When you turned the wheel one way, they went the other.

that sounds like an evil April fools day joke.

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2012, 08:35:29 AM »
Update......only head four is functional. I will never even look at Anatol again. Forget about tech support (not you Brannon!)

Offline spotcolorsupply

• !!!
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2012, 12:48:01 PM »
Update......only head four is functional. I will never even look at Anatol again. Forget about tech support (not you Brannon!)

Thanks for the exclusion Tony  ;)
Brannon Mullins Spot Color Supply
www.spotcolorsupply.com     sales@spotcolorsupply.com.
We Sell Workhorse Products,Along With Used Equipment, and Printing Supplies!!