Author Topic: question cocerning photoshop channel printing  (Read 712 times)

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
question cocerning photoshop channel printing
« on: June 13, 2012, 04:34:46 PM »
I've used tseps before in photoshop cs4 and don't remember having this problem.  I've converted a RGB photograph to CMYK and no matter which channel I decide to print in accurip, it will print all of them as a composite.  In accurip it even shows that it will only print that channel "cyan for example", but it still prints all of them together on one film.  I'm using the epson 4880.

Any help would be appreciated.
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Re: question cocerning photoshop channel printing
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 05:38:10 PM »
Don't know the cause. I'm finding that RIPS for digital printers can be a crap shoot as to whether you get one that is quarky or not when printing (from photoshop).

I may be wrong, as I don't know about printing cmyk seps (straight out of the cmyk conversion from RGB), but from what I do know that works, you need to have each CMYK channel (as a spot color).  You can try copy and paste (then invert) depending on the channel mode...then paste into a new channel. Name it as the color from what you copied from and try printing.

As a work around, try breaking the channels up into individual files per color. (SPLIT CHANNELS) Then print as a single grayscale image (or just print).
That SPLIT channels may not work on straight CMYK from the CMYK channel sets. again, I don't do it that way.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 05:45:37 PM »
Place it as a dcs 2.0 or .psd into Illustrator and output from there.  It's what adobe wants you to do apparently. 

Offline Ron Pierson

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 07:06:18 PM »
Check your accurip install process. It is an easy install but very specific in the "way" you install it. I think that a new, downloaded, Epson driver is required on a new install of accurip. the epson driver that came with the printer is out of date even if you just purchased it. If you still have issues, call Charlie Facini (the creator of Accurip). He or anyone at Accurip will help with the correct install. Freehand Graphics, (Accurip) is on the east cost and are a 9 to 5 company.

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 07:14:58 PM »
Thanks everybody for the advice.  I'll give Charlie a call in the morn.  I'll tell you something a little funny now, but it wasn't that funny this morning.  I was printing the channels like I always do and never even noticed that the films were all printed the same and not in separate channels.  I burned the screens, set them up on press and actually did a test print before I noticed.  Needless to say, I was pretty sad that I had wasted that time, film and screens.
It's not a job if you love doing it.