Author Topic: .dll error help  (Read 1662 times)

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
.dll error help
« on: June 19, 2012, 08:52:59 AM »
I use cutmaster software from Graphtec for use with my plotter. Have been using it for years now with no issues. The software is directly launched from with in Corel itself.

A couple weeks ago a new thing has started, when i click on the launch button i get the error in the picture as seen below. Something to do with a .dll. The biggest issue is i have to completely reboot and start corel fresh to get the cut software to boot but after a few minutes or opening different graphics in Corel the error comes back and alas I have to do the reboot all over.

I have tried reinstalling both Corel and the cut software. Uninstalling any new software that may be interfering and nothing is working. I have confirmed the .dll is where it is supposed to be and that yes it loads on boot up. This is really freaking frustrating, Graphtec is useless for support and Corel as usual blames everything on conflicting softwares etc. As for Corel I think my time with them is done and I need to become more proficient in AI. Corel if anything has become more unstable and aggravating with each release and i am truly tired of Corel doing nothing but trying to figure out why it is your fault the software is unstable. To many fonts, interfering programs, desk to high,  walls painted wrong color,  blah blah blah.

Anyways look at the error and if you can explain to me why the .dll is failing please help!
"No man is an island"

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: .dll error help
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 10:25:32 AM »
no answer here, but some suggestions . . .

I would try it on another computer. If everything works, you know the software and the cutter are working fine. Trying to nail down the cause of interference might be tough. The only quick solution might be to reinstall from scratch.

If on the other hand it does not work on the new computer, obviously the issue is with the software or the plotter.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 10:27:53 AM »
Nah already reinstalled corel and cutmaster from scratch no help.

It works fine till something interferes which totally blows my mind because nothing has changed on this PC.

The same software is also integrated into Illy and there is never an issue there it launches just fine. It boils down to Corel for some reason, not surprised actually.
"No man is an island"

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2012, 10:50:43 AM »
Nah already reinstalled corel and cutmaster from scratch no help.

It works fine till something interferes which totally blows my mind because nothing has changed on this PC.

The same software is also integrated into Illy and there is never an issue there it launches just fine. It boils down to Corel for some reason, not surprised actually.

you would actually have to install it on a different computer. . . There might be a program that interferes with the .dll. By running it on another computer you would know if the issues is related to what you are running or something else. There might be printer driver or some other app that is causing the issue. Reinstalling the Corel does not fix that, thus the different computer.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2012, 11:11:09 AM »
Could be something simple that happened in the background... a windows update or something stupid.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2012, 11:15:01 AM »
Could be something simple that happened in the background... a windows update or something stupid.

I was guessing Corel upgrade, but you are right it is more likely to be Winblows. . . Let's not forget Adobe reader (and especialy the new X which is doing plenty of funky stuff), antivirus software, the Silverlight and other crap that is not hooking into the OS differently that it did few years back.

pierre

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2012, 11:31:50 AM »
To be honest this rig is running win7 and ever since I upgraded to it so many things are going wacko on it. My biggest gripe lately is windows system fonts constantly changing, always to the most ugliest hard to read fonts. Thunderbird is almost unusable and no matter what fonts I reinstall it remains the same.
"No man is an island"

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2012, 11:50:52 AM »
NEVER "upgrade"... always do a CLEAN install.

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2012, 11:54:01 AM »
It is a clean install I actually mean a new OS.
"No man is an island"

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2012, 12:15:52 PM »
Ah... I've been pretty happy with Windows 7.

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2012, 12:55:16 PM »
I am happy with win7 for the most part. The thing I dislike the most is the libraries I wish i did not have to use them I prefer the old way a simple folder hierarchy etc. With the libraries I dont have a true "My Documents" anymore and when I go into documents there is crap loads of stuff in there I could care less about.

Is their a way to toss libraries and go back to traditional?
"No man is an island"

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2012, 03:04:51 PM »
You can reduce where your "library" pulls from/looks at.