Author Topic: What's in your dip tank  (Read 4323 times)

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
What's in your dip tank
« on: June 25, 2012, 11:28:11 AM »
We have been using CCI Microwash 2 in our dip tank but I can't see myself getting hooked on that stuff.
What's in your tank?

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
Re: What's in your dip tank
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 11:35:08 AM »
Try the new CCI dip n strip. Love it.

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 11:49:37 AM »
Try the new CCI dip n strip. Love it.
I was looking at the dip'n'strip just now. How many screens can you get recycled with one tank filling?

Offline Shawn (EIP)

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 11:49:50 AM »
I quit using the dip tank once the last batch expired CCI. I tried just for the hell of it to spray ink remover and emulsion remover at the same time , scrub it in and pressure wash it out. I'm reclaiming screens just as fast or at least it feels like it. I think I'm going to lay the dip to rest for awhile.

Offline jasonl

• !!!
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2012, 12:36:15 PM »
I quit using the dip tank once the last batch expired CCI. I tried just for the hell of it to spray ink remover and emulsion remover at the same time , scrub it in and pressure wash it out. I'm reclaiming screens just as fast or at least it feels like it. I think I'm going to lay the dip to rest for awhile.

And your roller frames WILL last longer, thats why I HATE dip tanks.
"We Make Blank Shirts Look Awesome!"

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2012, 01:12:55 PM »
Easiway Supra.  We are about 600 screens into a fresh batch and it could use a recharge right now.

And we can reclaim about 20 screens an hour with the dip tank and 8-10 the old school way, it's not even close, plus we use a hell of a lot less chemical overall since we went dippin.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline inkbrigade

What's in your dip tank
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2012, 01:30:49 PM »
We've tried some CCI and I hated it. We've been using the Fran Marr one step clear for like 3 to 4 years. It's awesome we get about 600 screens
-------------------------------
Wish List / Let me know if your selling any of the following:  Newman (Stretch Devices) Orange Screen Racks and Press Carts
Saturn Screen Racks / Press Cart

Offline jasonl

• !!!
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2012, 02:08:02 PM »
I reclaim an average of 22 screens an hour, the OLD SCHOOL WAY.

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2012, 02:14:50 PM »

Thin stencils, high mesh counts?  If we had 230 and up with 20 micron stencils then we could do it, but not mid and low mesh.  It takes too long for the ER to break down thicker stencils with a spray bottle and scrubber, so while screens are soaking we are cleaning one.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2012, 03:07:12 PM »
I would love to start a video post of everyone reclaiming screens. I know we could all learn a ton. Who wants to go first???

Offline jasonl

• !!!
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2012, 04:48:16 PM »

Thin stencils, high mesh counts?  If we had 230 and up with 20 micron stencils then we could do it, but not mid and low mesh.  It takes too long for the ER to break down thicker stencils with a spray bottle and scrubber, so while screens are soaking we are cleaning one.

spray bottle and scrub pad, what?  I use a garden sprayer 110 to 305 mesh coated 2/1.  No problems.  It really depends on how much u dilute the concentrate.

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2012, 05:36:41 PM »

spray bottle and scrub pad, what?  I use a garden sprayer 110 to 305 mesh coated 2/1.  No problems.  It really depends on how much u dilute the concentrate.

We've used chemicals that you dilute and some you don't, it's pretty much all the same.  We know how to reclaim, I'm simply saying it's impossible to clean 22 of our screens in an hour with any other method other than a dip tank, that's why we use it.  Not one of the 10+ emulsion removers we've used over the years will break down the emulsion fast enough to reclaim that many screens an hour, just simple chemistry based on emulsion type and thickness at our shop.  A 2/1 coating method with some emulsions will give you thin stencils, so I can see how it's possible.  But a 70 micron stencil literally takes 3 times longer to break down than a 20 micron stencil.  Our 230's reclaim in a minute with the dip tank versus a 110 that takes 10 minutes or more with a messy screen.

Offline jasonl

• !!!
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2012, 05:41:37 PM »
i can see that, my 2/2 with waterbase emulsion is more difficult.  Dip tank would make it easier if you had superthick stencils.   Guess every shop is different.

Offline chubsetc

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2012, 06:21:56 PM »
I am using Supra in my tank but feel it doesn't do a great job breaking down ink, I always clean the ink first then dip to reclaim the stencil, am I doing something wrong?

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2012, 08:18:44 PM »
Franmar all the way. Thanks Ink Brigade! We just got about 4/5 months out of 15 gallons for three presses. 60 screens a day easy if not way more