Author Topic: ? for those using Quoting Software  (Read 1217 times)

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
? for those using Quoting Software
« on: June 25, 2012, 08:48:03 PM »
How does it handle an order of 500 total pieces where let's say 500 pcs all get the same heart print and then every 100 get a unique back print?  So that's all 500 heart prints the same, 5 unique back prints of 100 each.  Everything else about the Ts is identical- same style, color, ink.

For a job like this I combine the 500 fronts to get that price break to the client and then add a print location for each at 100pcs per, simple. 

Inside the software you make a line for each of the 100 pcs. and then assign a heart print to the whole group and only their respective back print to each chunk of 100, a little laborious but pretty straightforward.  However, my quoting software freaks if you enter identical products on separate lines (in order to assign each unique print out) and will not display quotes properly.  I've made the argument that this must be fixed but wanted to be sure it's doable on other programs before demanding it.   

In this case, I have to parse out all 5 T styles in above example to 5 orders and manually override pricing after referencing our price matrix.  Might as well be using a damn spreadsheet at that point. 

Offline SkylinePrints

• Verified/Junior
Re: ? for those using Quoting Software
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 09:29:10 AM »
Zoo,

Mine doesn't do it to my knowledge and I havent seen one that does.  Doesnt mean it doesnt exist, just that I havent seen one.
Have a great day! :)
 Nathan Harrison Skyline Prints Embroidery & Screen Printing 4982 Bill Gardner Pkwy  Locust Grove, GA 30248  (770) 914-1558  www.SkylinePrints.com  Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/skylineprints or Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/skylineprints

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 09:33:02 AM »
In Fast Manager you can do it.  You would have all of the shirts added.  Print for the 1 side for all 500pcs. 

Then 5 separate print charges for the other side with 100pcs each.  Price break on the 1 side for 500, 100 breaks for the others.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline Socalfmf

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way!
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 09:55:58 AM »
we line item them and override the price...just takes a little more to figure pricing out...but we do it all the time

sam

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 09:05:44 PM »
our program is actually totally capable of this, theres just a bug or something with duplicate line items. I think if we fix it it should work just fine. 

in t boss you load all your substrates up and then you load up work orders- print, emb, whatever you have matrices for- and assign the work orders to your pieces.